Thread: Kneeboards

78TaylorSS460
    I'm really into kneeboarding, but it seems like its not a big sport among adults. I don't know why though. I have a hydrslide kneeboard right now with no fins. I like the idea that it has no fins when I want to do surface tricks but I can't cut out at all hardly. I found 2 boards that I really like though and was wondering if anyone has any experiances with these boards. The first one is a Hydroslide Razorback, which is the one I'm really leaning to because I know the Hydroslide I have now is really durable. The thing I REALLY like about it is that it has shift on the fly retractable fins which I think is really cool. The other one is a Body Glove Drop Zone. It also has has retractable fins but doesn't look very comftorable. Does anyone have any experiance with these? Thanks and I hope to hear from some more kneeboarders so I know I'm not the only one!
    Eric

taylormanss
    hey 460 you are right kneeboarding is fun!,i'm an oldie too,but i still like to kneeboard,i just don't have anyone to pull me,maybe we will get together at some event next year in texas.I have two hydroslides,one with retractable fins and the other has none,i really like the one without cause you can do 360's.

pw_Tony
    360s? Try 1440s! I loved kneeboarding, I just got into wakeboarding. The retractable fins kick ass as long as they're lubed. I had a black magic board and it kicked ass! They're starting to get shaped more and more like wakeboards now, they're doing away with the pointed tip front end

Cole Sanger
    Kneeboarding is great. I have the HO Joker. I have everyone start on the kneeboard before trying anything else. Seems easier to start on and get used to how the water works.

78TaylorSS460
    hey 460 you are right kneeboarding is fun!,i'm an oldie too,but i still like to kneeboard,i just don't have anyone to pull me,maybe we will get together at some event next year in texas.I have two hydroslides,one with retractable fins and the other has none,i really like the one without cause you can do 360's.
    We'll have to meet up for sure next season. With the fins up can you still do a surface 360?
    Also, do the fins start to stick if they aren't lubed? How and what do you lube them with?

I have one of the original knee board from hydroslide. I learned how to bare foot from a knee board. We bought the first one in the late seventies. It had no groves at all. completely flat. there was little to no control. The best part is the ladies would face plant and loose there suits.

78TaylorSS460
    Well, I finally got a chance to give my new HydroSlide Razor Back a try today and I love it! I got very smooth operation from the fins while underway. I was able to cut real well and get good air with the fins down and then do 360's with fins up just like the Joker. It's a great board and very comfortable as well. I can't wait to go out again!