Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Need Jet Drive repair - Ventura Area or Valley???

98Ultra
    Awesome! Everyone - thanks for all the great advise!!!
    THX SPECTRABRENT and BIGAMIST - I actually contacted Jim Brock before I even listed this post just to see what was up and his take (noticed your THX to him on last Spectra event on website).
    THX RIVERTIME247 - Is that for Ultra 247? Anyway, saw ad for GS in Hot Boat and need to contact him! Have heard of MCCLURE also. THX again.
    THX N8DAWG - Have been to both of your recommendations. Bernard really freaked me out when he started my boat dry and then preceeded to whined up the RPMs to 4500 without even letting the oil get circulating. Seriously, about 2 seconds after starting the motor.
    THX LUCKIE STIFF- You hit it on the head. Tom did do the last rebuild. Great guy, sent me pics of the progress and all. Just don't want to have to go 2-1/2 hours each way for drop off and pick up, only to get 50 hours out of the pump again.
    CAS - Come to think of it, I have heard of MCCLURE several times. Great recommendation! Will contact.
    SLEEKCRAFTER - Have been using EP since the pump was freshened up last go around. Was recommended on the bowl and thrust bearing so it's all I've been running. Thx for looking out for me!
    BIGBLOCKBAJA - Yep, have thought about it but I have to pull the motor out (Dominator 12TD pump). Not really setup to do that in the garage and it's will take more than a cherry picker to get high enough over the transom. I downloaded all the excellent diagrams and specs off American Turbine site when I first purchased the boat.
    Will probably get the bowl re-powerder coated and there is a slight oil leak somewhere on the pan that I cant get to (or see for that matter - have heard it may be near the oil drain fitting on the oil pan - typical weak spot I guess). Guess I need to hunt for a pan for my Marine Power plant. The little peanut port heads are killing me, so to do any real mods, heads gotta go first.
    HEY - THX ALL FOR THE RECOMMENDATIONS - THIS FORUM IS THE BOMB.

tomply32
    had mine rebuilt at jet boat performance did a great job
    87 sleekcraft kauai

98 Ultra we regret hearing that your having problems with your Jet drive And are researching records to determine when and what was done. We want to reinforce that we stand solidly behind our workmanship as well as the parts we sell! Please contact me if we can help you here. Also please check your PMs for my cell # Tom @ JBP

Michael2000
    As someone who works in the service business, sometimes it is worth driving a little further to someone you can trust, and stands behind their work and products. Even using the best parts, there can be isolated failures.
    Just my $.02...
    Michael

Rvr Swpr
    98 Ultra we regret hearing that your having problems with your Jet drive And are researching records to determine when and what was done. We want to reinforce that we stand solidly behind our workmanship as well as the parts we sell! Please contact me if we can help you here. Also please check your PMs for my cell # Tom @ JBP
    I would say problem solved.

skeeinfreak
    Hey Guy's..I would take it back to Tom and let him take a look at it,I am sure if it is something that has happened from something he may have done! I have just recently dealt with Tom@JetBoatPerformance and I have been boatin' for 20 year's or so and have never dealt with anybody as good and as nice as Tom and his crew......Don't know much about the jet's myself,but I am sure Tom will help ya! Tracy

bp
    MPD IN ORANGE COUNTY JACK MCCLURE 949 651 2040
    BOTH HAVE WEB SITES
    it's 949 631-2040
    http://home.pacbell.net/jmcclure/

LuckyDaze
    Hey 98 Ultra, if you need a currier for your pump I am moving out to San Louis Obisbo which is right down the grade from Tom. I would have no issues dropping it off for you. I drive up there and back at least once a week.
    ~Brian

Cas
    As someone who works in the service business, sometimes it is worth driving a little further to someone you can trust, and stands behind their work and products. Even using the best parts, there can be isolated failures.
    Just my $.02...
    Michael
    and sometimes not. After doing a lot of advertising for Jet Boat Performance for over 2 years on my website and message boards for free, Tom offered to redo my pump for the cost of parts only. I went for it. Within 2 hrs or initial runtime back in May, it developed a vibration so I had that taken care of locally....simple fix but it shouldn't have been needed. To keep a long story short, after how my pump performed this past weekend with only about 35 hrs on it, I'm pretty pissed off. There's no debris in it, I haven't run in sandy conditions and it's never been run close enough to shore to pick up any crap yet it feels like a totally worn out clutch even when you get on it at cruise speed.
    Let's just say I should have left that 21 yr old pump alone as it worked a whole lot better!
    and no, I won't be bringing it back to do an 8 hr round trip.

Josh@JBP
    and sometimes not. After doing a lot of advertising for Jet Boat Performance for over 2 years on my website and message boards for free, Tom offered to redo my pump for the cost of parts only. I went for it. Within 2 hrs or initial runtime back in May, it developed a vibration so I had that taken care of locally....simple fix but it shouldn't have been needed. To keep a long story short, after how my pump performed this past weekend with only about 35 hrs on it, I'm pretty pissed off. There's no debris in it, I haven't run in sandy conditions and it's never been run close enough to shore to pick up any crap yet it feels like a totally worn out clutch even when you get on it at cruise speed.
    Let's just say I should have left that 21 yr old pump alone as it worked a whole lot better!
    and no, I won't be bringing it back to do an 8 hr round trip.
    And the vibration was? just curious myself, since it was a new AT impeller and wear ring combo set to .025 (front and side), new Legend shaft and complete pump kit. So what is you alllegation we did incorrectly?
    Did you bother to tell anybody you dissasembled the jet after our overhaul before you even used it. Did you also take the time to explain that you opted to retrieve the boat, in an incompleted state, because Katchenup was able to retreive it for you. And I'll admit it had not been filled with bowl oil, no harm no foul. Perhaps you incorrectly reassembled it.
    And although you claim you called about this matter, if you were unable to get ahold of my Dad on his cell phone you could have always call the shop line. Everyone knows we are extremely accessable, even nights and weekends. I never even heared about this untill you claimed you tryed calling multiple times and took it somewhere else to be worked on, threatening to "go public" about your expirience and imbarrass us. We also have multiple phone lines, multiple emails and you could have PM'ed us on multiple board and occasions.
    As far as advertising on you site, don't forget you took it upon youself to advertise for us, originally on your old board as "company of the month" or something to that effect. You asked for nothing in return (originally) and we decided to recipricate as a "Thank You" and we did so by rebuilding your jet for you at the cost of parts only. There was never any actual deal for advertising. Again did you bother to tell anybody that you collected even more money/value through a transom adaper you refused to pay for. And the alleged gift certificate (that was never received) and the diapers you sent for my daughter were in no way a good resolution for why you didn't pay for that polished aluminum transom adapter we tracked down and sent to you.
    I built this pump, I'll stand behind my workmanship, American Turbine stands behind their parts. You also didn't bother to tell people we offered multiple times "in writing" take care of you and your pump.
    -Josh
    P.S. Perhaps your dirty laundry should be air somewhere near the recipe section on you own forum not in the jet tech forum.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast