Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Need Jet Drive repair - Ventura Area or Valley???

n8dawg
    And the vibration was? just curious myself, since it was a new AT impeller and wear ring combo set to .025 (front and side), new Legend shaft and complete pump kit. So what is you alllegation we did incorrectly?
    Did you bother to tell anybody you dissasembled the jet after our overhaul before you even used it. Did you also take the time to explain that you opted to retrieve the boat, in an incompleted state, because Katchenup was able to retreive it for you. And I'll admit it had not been filled with bowl oil, no harm no foul. Perhaps you incorrectly reassembled it.
    And although you claim you called about this matter, if you were unable to get ahold of my Dad on his cell phone you could have always call the shop line. Everyone knows we are extremely accessable, even nights and weekends. I never even heared about this untill you claimed you tryed calling multiple times and took it somewhere else to be worked on, threatening to "go public" about your expirience and imbarrass us. We also have multiple phone lines, multiple emails and you could have PM'ed us on multiple board and occasions.
    As far as advertising on you site, don't forget you took it upon youself to advertise for us, originally on your old board as "company of the month" or something to that effect. You asked for nothing in return (originally) and we decided to recipricate as a "Thank You" and we did so by rebuilding your jet for you at the cost of parts only. There was never any actual deal for advertising. Again did you bother to tell anybody that you collected even more money/value through a transom adaper you refused to pay for. And the alleged gift certificate (that was never received) and the diapers you sent for my daughter were in no way a good resolution for why you didn't pay for that polished aluminum transom adapter we tracked down and sent to you.
    I built this pump, I'll stand behind my workmanship, American Turbine stands behind their parts. You also didn't bother to tell people we offered multiple times "in writing" take care of you and your pump.
    -Josh
    P.S. Perhaps your dirty laundry should be air somewhere near the recipe section on you own forum not in the jet tech forum.
    Very well put. Cas - you should take that talk somewhere else man. I know that alot of people including ourselves will stand behind Jet Boat Performance any day of the week and twice on Sunday.
    Case in point: Labor day weekend, Saturday, after working on the boat all day trying to figure why I didn't have spark. We finally found out that the petronics in the distributor was cracked. I thought I'm just going to call up JBP, it was a long shot that anybody would be around on Saturday at 5:00pm but I had to do it. Sure enough Toms wife answered the phone, spoke with Tom he said come on down. We arrived at the shop, shot the shit for a little bit,he handed me a dist. and sent us on our way. saying - go have fun with your boat!
    We've owned our boat for 5 years now. Never had any pump work done, and I think it could use a little freshning up. And when the day comes to have that work done I will be going up to JBP! You know I think alot of people do things because its a job and it pays the bills, but when i talk with Tom you can tell that these guys love doing what they do for a living and thats exactly who i want working on my boat.
    Well that will just about do it for my rant. I hate to see anybody get bashed on a public forum. Cas - all you had to do is recommend another shop for this guy and now we all see what kind of person you are.:idea:

n8dawg
    Hey 98 Ultra, if you need a currier for your pump I am moving out to San Louis Obisbo which is right down the grade from Tom. I would have no issues dropping it off for you. I drive up there and back at least once a week.
    ~Brian
    Since your moving into the area we better see that Miller up at Nacimiento or San Antonio next season! You still owe me a race bud! PM me if you need help moving.
    Nate

skeeinfreak
    Amen,Brother! I couldnt agree with ya more on every issue you spoke on! I was just recently turned on to Tom at JBP and I have never met a guy more willing to help AND be there for the people. I live down in L.A. and Tom helped me via phone and internet and I have never worked with a shop willing to do that. I would drive up to JBP anytime from LA any day of the week to be able to have JBP help as they aready have. Anyway, I hope you all have a Great Day and (unfortunatly) an off season (from our boats ).

. To keep a long story short, after how my pump performed this past weekend with only about 35 hrs on it, I'm pretty pissed off.
    So rather than handle it like a man and contacting either Tom or Josh to work through your pump issues, you come into a public forum and bash thier work, thier crdibility and thier integrity? I dunno man, seems kind of spineless to me, it's easy to be a tough guy when you're driving a keyboard, it takes a lot more not to stoop to a 6th grade level and talk shit about people. I don't know you, don't care to, but I do know Tom & Josh and I know that they are both stand up individuals who will go the extra mile for anyone in need, be it for a $2000 pump rebuild or a $50 starter on a Saturday afternoon. I will continue to do business with JET BOAT PERFORMANCE I will continue to tell
    everyone I know with a boat about them. I hope you get your pump issues resolved, and when you do, make sure you come here and PRAISE whoever it is that solves it for you!
    GFY!

LuckyDaze
    Since your moving into the area we better see that Miller up at Nacimiento or San Antonio next season! You still owe me a race bud! PM me if you need help moving.
    Nate
    You got it man. My pops and I should be rebuilding the motor around Christmas time, then we are going to R and R it at the river. Then she'll be up with me in CenCal. Trust me brotha, you will get your race.
    Back on Topic, Tom at JBP is a stand up cat. He will help you with info even if your not purchasing stuff. Deal with him and you two will figure out where to go from. I wouldn't advise dumping on people on a public forum. Its better to handle things with the person than try and trash their name on the internet. Not only could you alienate yourself from the rest of the board members its not good business. :devil:
    ~Brian

RIVERTIME247
    it's 949 631-2040
    http://home.pacbell.net/jmcclure/
    you are correct thanks for catching
    Marine Performance Designs
    1760 Monrovia St. Unit A-7
    Costa Mesa, Ca. 92627
    949-631-2040

suckin&pumpin
    I normally dont get involved but after meeting Tom and Josh and seeing how they handle their business I have two things to point out:
    1) If you had enuough respect for the work Tom does to travel that far, Than have enough respect for the man to let him make it right.
    2) NOBODY gets it perfect every time! If the man were without mistakes we would be calling him GOD! The fact that he stands behind his work is the difference, so let him make a difference.
    To CAS: I have no dog in this fight and am on good terms with both of you but in my business If you touched the work I did after I did it the warranty would be void.

98 Ultra we regret hearing that your having problems with your Jet drive And are researching records to determine when and what was done. We want to reinforce that we stand solidly behind our workmanship as well as the parts we sell! Please contact me if we can help you here. Also please check your PMs for my cell # Tom @ JBP
    As CEO of JBP,I will reiterate the same statement as before (above) and I am proud of my sons response to this issue as well as my customers support (I'll provide dozens more (testimonials ) to anyone anytime.
    Cas you've put forth unproven unsubstaniated allegations based on your jets performance this past weekend and you haven't even taken the jet apart (again) ? It looks like to me (and pretty much everyone else) another childish, unproductive, meanspirited "Cas" attack. I caution you to tread lightly here.... To all concerned I have three written/and responded to PM's regarding this matter offering to fix and repair his jet from MAY of this year!
    BTW we stand behind our work ...damn right! the ULTRA was done in 8/03' for the record , just ask him The difference in a situation of this nature is not if or whether you make a mistake its how professionally you fix it or make amends!

American Turbine Man
    Cas there could be a thousand reasons why your jet isn't working, but to come down on Josh and Tom without giving them a look, is just plain wrong.
    I think it just sour grapes over the PANTHER ENERGIZER kit. Why don't you start up another Panther site and not tell anyone then you can be KING again.
    ATM
    Ron

El Prosecutor
    This must be how kids feel when their parents fight.
    Cas and Tom, you have both been good to me over the last couple of years; I hope you can make peace with each other privately.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast