Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: black soot removal...Help!!

randomhero
    My boats transom is getting covered in a black soot from the exaust and i have used some cleaners but they suck. any body have a suggestion on what is good for this and good for water spots that have been on the glass for a while??
    thanks

DUCKY
    Boat Bling's line of "sauce" products are very high quality if you want to buy something that is ready to use, but I am not sure how well they work on something that has been neglected. If the RTU products won't do it for you, for the soot on the transom, you can use Simple Green degreaser(diluted), but it tends to strip wax and polish. For the water spots, if vinegar/water won't cut it, you can step up to a mixture of pool acid and water. You will want to play with your mixture and only use enough to do the job, though. Both vinegar and pool acid also tend to strip off waxes and polishes though.... As always, I recommend that you avoid products containing carnuba wax, especially on white gelcoat.

randomhero
    carnuba... realy? why is that? and thanks for the info!!

DUCKY
    Unlike automotive paints, gel coat is very porous and will absorb contaminates, waxes, etc... Eventually, the carnuba will buildup in those pores and the gel (especially white) will have a yellow/brown tint to it. You usually won't notice it until you park next to a brand new boat in the channel.....
    If you take the time to select products that are carnuba and silicone free, you will be happier in the long run.

GAWnCA
    Unlike automotive paints, gel coat is very porous and will absorb contaminates, waxes, etc... Eventually, the carnuba will buildup in those pores and the gel (especially white) will have a yellow/brown tint to it. You usually won't notice it until you park next to a brand new boat in the channel.....
    If you take the time to select products that are carnuba and silicone free, you will be happier in the long run.
    Got some named products to recommend?

Jordy
    Got some named products to recommend?
    Transom Sauce cuts through the soot. Hot Sauce does an amazing job on the scum line that builds up on the rest of the boat.
    www.boatbling.net
    They also have their own forum on here.

DUCKY
    3M and Meguire's both offer several wax and silicone free polishes designed for marine use. I am sure that there are others, but these two brands are proven very high quality, and are generally easy to find.

MKEELINE
    Transom Sauce cuts through the soot. Hot Sauce does an amazing job on the scum line that builds up on the rest of the boat.
    www.boatbling.net
    They also have their own forum on here.
    This stuff is great. I used it for the first time last weekend and its awesome. Hot Sauce, Vinyl Sauce and the Transom Sauce are hands down the best boat cleaning products I've used.

Strippoker
    Im a big leverage fan myself hit me up and I will send you a sample bottle to try I have the oxidiation remover and the polish instock. All the info is in my detail shop area on my webiste. The products contain NO Carnuba.

SOCALDETAIL1
    Hydropholic acid mixed with water. Then follow up with a good quality canauba wax. Make sure you DO NOT get any of the acid on aluminum. If not call a good detailer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast