So doing the maintenence makes themm last longer?? LOL The 50 hour service on my SCi/XR is going to be about $300, not counting pickup and delivery. That's a minimal (in my experience) service, oil changes and inspections, according to what the Merc book says, so if they find anything in all the inspections, there will be additional cost. The supercharger belt on my Mini was $32, I'm just guessing that the 600's will be well over that.
I heard of a Mercury Racing program that swapped out the engine/drive for a rebuild at 100 hours for megabucks. I thought that was rather low hours for a rebuild.
I think the norm is a 20 hour service (complete with a drive alignment and impeller when new, avg cost around $600) that is probably your most important service then an oil and filter change at every 25 hrs or so if you use it that much in a year. Mine gets a complete service (20 hour type) every year period, but then thats just me.
I dont know where all of these so called 30, 40, 50, hr service time periods come from, does Merc say it?? And you say its basically an oil change and inspection for $300:idea: Maybe your 600 is different:idea: NSF