Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 32 DCB's Running 800hp+

mbrown2
    Personally, if I were building a 32, I would do the Clownroyal combo....Merc 700's w/Nxt drives...very nice warrantied power, very solid dry sump drive....fast enough......better resale value across the nation then a Teague 800, 900 or 1100 for that matter...
    If you want to go bigger, spend more money on the Merc 1075 or 1200 setups..
    Look at the yellow and blue MTI that was for sale forever, Teague power don't sell except on the West Coast.....Sterling motors for the mid west and east coast boats and the local builders for the west coast.....people want to be close to authorized repair cause stuff is going to break...
    Just my .02 cents..

neverfastenuff
    good point on the resale..only issue with merc 1075's is their crazy service intervals. If i knew the boat could go 135mph loaded with people (safely) and have good accelleration I'd go with the merc 700s...it just seems that whatever top speed a manufacture tells you is with special props/drive heights 2 gallons of fuel and 1 maybe 2 people in perfect water and air temp..not real world. Then you get the boat and its 10mph slower....it just happened to me with my daytona...so I sold it.

andy01
    Personally, if I were building a 32, I would do the Clownroyal combo....Merc 700's w/Nxt drives...very nice warrantied power, very solid dry sump drive....fast enough......better resale value across the nation then a Teague 800, 900 or 1100 for that matter...
    If you want to go bigger, spend more money on the Merc 1075 or 1200 setups..
    Look at the yellow and blue MTI that was for sale forever, Teague power don't sell except on the West Coast.....Sterling motors for the mid west and east coast boats and the local builders for the west coast.....people want to be close to authorized repair cause stuff is going to break...
    Just my .02 cents..
    The 700 NXT set up on a 32' is horrible to get on plane. I haven't spoke to one person that has that combo that doesn't say it takes all day to get on plane. Nice set up for the right boat.
    The Blue/Yellow cat was a Nortech with 800's.
    good point on the resale..only issue with merc 1075's is their crazy service intervals. If i knew the boat could go 135mph loaded with people (safely) and have good accelleration I'd go with the merc 700s...it just seems that whatever top speed a manufacture tells you is with special props/drive heights 2 gallons of fuel and 1 maybe 2 people in perfect water and air temp..not real world. Then you get the boat and its 10mph slower....it just happened to me with my daytona...so I sold it.
    Just remember when doing the 800's they are not turn key and do break drives.
    Andy

mbrown2
    I hear you on the service, but if you look at the details it is not that duanting, pretty cheap insurance for a high dollar motor, and probably stuff Teague, Pfaff, or Brummet should be having you do to their motors....in addition if a dealership is TEAM certified, they will have been trained by Merc Racing on how to work on their engines...the custom builders...you will be dragging it back...and if you boat anywhere other then socal that could be a real hassle...again..just my .02
    1200 - Service details -> http://mercuryracing.com/_media/pdf/...aintenance.pdf
    700 - Service details -> Even less ->
    http://mercuryracing.com/_media/pdf/...nce_Charts.pdf

neverfastenuff
    ok I thought that the merc 1075 has to be sent back to merc for a freshen up as part of the service intervals? and i heard it was 25k+ per motor plus shipping and re/re?

40FlatDeck
    ok I thought that the merc 1075 has to be sent back to merc for a freshen up as part of the service intervals? and i heard it was 25k+ per motor plus shipping and re/re?
    I know they have pretty short service life, at least that is what Mercury wants. 25k is a little high but so is every motor at Mercury. Even when I smoked a Sterling and had Larry Peto rebuild it, it wasn't 25k. If you are worried about resale then go Merc. The bottom line is this, over 800hp and you are breaking Bravos, over 1100hp and it's service, service, service. No matter what you do, get Number 6's.
    Erik

mbrown2
    I would call Merc directly and validate their Service recommendations versus the grapevine just to be sure.
    Based on what it appears they are doing, does not appear it would cost 25K...but I would check with Merc Racing directly...I have heard of local manufactures pushing custom power over Merc just like some have pushed Illmor just due possible discounts they receive from the custom builders or Illmor...
    On the performance, reach out to Clownroyal...he has the 700 setup and will be straight with you.

Charley
    After my court hearing in Havasu tomorrow at 1:30pm I will get to tell the complete story....:jawdrop: :idea:
    WTF???

Charley
    Anyone seen pegged? I'm surprised no one has called Child protective Services on you for putting your kid in that boat :jawdrop: :jawdrop:
    For the record, the word "pegged" in my post does not refer to the boat "pegged" but rather the footage of Rocky's boat in the movie "pegged"

phebus
    WTF???
    Rocky's day in court on the Lakeland deal. I'm curious how it turned out.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast