Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 32 DCB's Running 800hp+

mbrown2
    No problem, like most post you only had half of it right......... j/k
    Yes I am speaking for them, I know several people that have said "they hate it" and own a 32' with 700's/ NXT's. So yes I am speaking from the conversations I had with owners and people that rode in the boats. How about you?
    I will take 50% right over 100% wrong everyday of the week...again, I have not seen Clownroyal complain and has been pretty complimentary about the setup...but maybe there are some owners that feel different or just know how to drive a boat with the bigger, non bravo, props......guess that is why there is a seat for every a$$..

ClownRoyal
    anyways...I experimented with several prop setups thanks to Dave. Basically I could pick a set of props (the ones that come with the boat) to my liking after I tested as many as I wanted. We even tried a set of 6-blade Herrings that Mike DeFreese was gratiously willing to lend me. As this was the first 32' with 700s that Dave built we were all interested in what props would work best.
    To the best of my recollection (but don't hold me to it):
    1. 5-blade 35 CNCs. Got on plane nicely and mid-range incredible. We timed getting on plane under 10 seconds. Great set of props just for tooling around with a full load.
    2. 4-blade 36 Merc Racing: Out of the hole the best but revved out at 120 give or take. And since they were not CNC the port engine RPMs were about 500 greater.
    3. 6-blade 36 Herrings. Nice all around prop. Got on plane under 10 seconds and top speed of 130. Very efficient prop. This is the 'all-around' prop for this (or at least this one) boat. These are now on a 46 skater.
    4. 5-blade 39 CNCs. Getting on plane is tough the 'first' attempt. We believe this is due to the PCM controller and basically needs a mulligan to figure things out. Getting out of the hole was a little difficult but we had full tanks of gas and 4 people. Top speed of 134 at the revv.
    5. What I settled on as my initial set of props are 5-blade 38 CNCs. I have taken out several peeps on this board with those same props. Getting on plane is a little lazy but very acceptable. You do have a blowout as it rolls over which some people may not be used to. I boated in Idaho all Summer where the elevation is 2000+ and it acted the same as if we were in Havasu.
    6. I did try a set of CNC 30's. Seemed like the boat got on plane in 2 seconds. But top speed at the revs was 90. See ya.
    As you know there was a 32 w/700s tested in Powerboat. That boat had 5-blade CNC 40 props with 18' degree' rake (normal is 16'). Don't know if they altered the gear ratio. But the numbers up to the top speed were pretty hilarious. But once you got to top speed (139.5) then kiss my arse.
    With that said. I have no complaints. To each his/her own.
    CR

Bling Bling
    I guess since you painted yer whole boat silver you must have had a bigger problem to hide
    Uh ya, I didn't want it to look like Barney the Dinosaur with a side of Shazam. Plus I don't own a all silver boat anymore.

ClownRoyal
    Yes I am speaking for them, I know several people that have said "they hate it" and own a 32' with 700's/ NXT's. So yes I am speaking from the conversations I had with owners and people that rode in the boats. How about you?
    I didn't know that many 32's with 700s were out there. I count 3. Ask Kilrtoy and Mr. HARLEY about their ride in my boat.

Tom Olson
    I didn't know that many 32's with 700s were out there. I count 3. Ask Kilrtoy and Mr. HARLEY about their ride in my boat.
    My 700/32 was a little lazy getting on plane till the engines hit about 20hrs and then they lit right up, about 10 seconds to plane with a full load of fuel, 16.5X38 CNC Mercs, 18 degree rake on the limiters @132mph

neverfastenuff
    I just spoke to Dave yesterday & I'm definitly going with 6 drives. I'm really easy on my equipment & have only ever broken one stock bravo (with 750hp) but why bother going threw the hassle with a 1000hp+ and a bravo based drive as I'm sure I'll have an issue sooner then later.....so just still makin my mind up over teague 1100s or merc 1075's. I'll take the advice and call merc racing to get the real deal on the service issues.

mbrown2
    I just spoke to Dave yesterday & I'm definitly going with 6 drives. I'm really easy on my equipment & have only ever broken one stock bravo (with 750hp) but why bother going threw the hassle with a 1000hp+ and a bravo based drive as I'm sure I'll have an issue sooner then later.....so just still makin my mind up over teague 1100s or merc 1075's. I'll take the advice and call merc racing to get the real deal on the service issues.
    Should be a very nice setup...good luck with the build

DMOORE
    Good move. Any motor in that HP range deserve a #6. Simply too much for a bravo type drive. Add the resale value, and it's the only way to go.
    Darrell.

Reaper1
    My 700/32 was a little lazy getting on plane till the engines hit about 20hrs and then they lit right up, about 10 seconds to plane with a full load of fuel, 16.5X38 CNC Mercs, 18 degree rake on the limiters @132mph
    So, what you guys are saying is I could make myself a sandwich and get a Bud Light out of the cooler while these things get on plane?

Tom Olson
    So, what you guys are saying is I could make myself a sandwich and get a Bud Light out of the cooler while these things get on plane?
    and take a piss!:jawdrop:

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast