Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is this guy for real?

AZJD
    I think I might bid on it.......
    http://cgi.ebay.com/15k-Breitling-wa...2QQcategoryZ31 387QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

OCMerrill
    No papers, can't say it's real?
    It's not like the seller is new to ebay.

Cheap Thrills
    I buy alot of watches off Fleabay. but if I were to drop the coin on a Breit, Rolo, Omega ect. it will come from an auth dealer.
    No box,, No Papers, No telling if it's a real Breit. Nice piece nonetheless.
    Be careful, if it's a copy $4k is alot to lose on a Japanese movement.
    T.

AZJD
    I'd almost guarantee it's a hijacked account. He's got a $15k watch up for bid, can't construct a halfway decent auction page, can't string a coherent sentence together and has no paperwork or anything other than a few half assed pictures.
    Bingo!
    I have the same watch and it is fake....... Just a scammer trying to make a buck on an idiot.

Outnumbered
    The dude has 15 feedback and NO seller feedback. You would be nuts. This is a scam, no doubt about it.

Jordy
    C'mon now Justin, he scams you and you get a fake watch, all the while, scamming him for your fake $4,000. Seems like a good trade to me.

hkunz
    I guess I'm just a rube, I can't see paying that for a watch. Although, it is a nice watch if you are trying to get it for a teenaged girl. It is a ladies watch, right?

riverbound
    Now you guys tell me.... I sure hope someone outbids me, or Im out $4k

maxwedge
    Just out of curiosity, what is the point of having a 15K watch in this day and age of free, self time zone adjusting cell phones, $5 quartz accurate Timex's, and giant bank signs that also tell you the temp? To me all an expensive watch says about a person is "Hey look at me, I'm either rich or deeply in debt, but either way, I likely have a self confidece problem."

Cheap Thrills
    Just out of curiosity, what is the point of having a 15K watch in this day and age of free, self time zone adjusting cell phones, $5 quartz accurate Timex's, and giant bank signs that also tell you the temp? To me all an expensive watch says about a person is "Hey look at me, I'm either rich or deeply in debt, but either way, I likely have a self confidece problem."
    It's a mental defect I guess
    As a collector of automatics I can say that the fascination of a mechanical piece that's 50+ years old can run like the day it was built is what interest me the most. Though I have never spent alot of money on any of my pieces I believe if I had the money to burn I would.
    Here's a couple of new additions to the automatic collection.
    Both Swiss ETA, Rado Left is a Voyager right Royal. The Rotating Anchor at the 12 adds to the neat~O factor. Neither one was expensive used but new Rado (http://www.rado.com/en/Collection/Or...s/default.aspx)watches are pretty high.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/Rado.JPG
    I tend to stay away from quartz watches. There's nothing special about a quartz movement.
    T.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast