Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is this guy for real?

DCBDaytona
    Just out of curiosity, what is the point of having a 15K watch in this day and age of free, self time zone adjusting cell phones, $5 quartz accurate Timex's, and giant bank signs that also tell you the temp? To me all an expensive watch says about a person is "Hey look at me, I'm either rich or deeply in debt, but either way, I likely have a self confidece problem."
    This is definitely a new "SoCal" trend...Wearing big baller watches like the homies in the rap videos! Today it's all about the image. And hell, if you notice...most true wealthy guys don't where the fancy watches. :idea:

maxwedge
    It's a mental defect I guess
    As a collector of automatics I can say that the fascination of a mechanical piece that's 50+ years old can run like the day it was built is what interest me the most. Though I have never spent alot of money on any of my pieces I believe if I had the money to burn I would.
    Here's a couple of new additions to the automatic collection.
    Both Swiss ETA, Rado Left is a Voyager right Royal. The Rotating Anchor at the 12 adds to the neat~O factor. Neither one was expensive used but new Rado (http://www.rado.com/en/Collection/Or...s/default.aspx)watches are pretty high.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/Rado.JPG
    I tend to stay away from quartz watches. There's nothing special about a quartz movement. T.
    Okay, the collector fascination I can completely understand, since I have a garage full of motorcycles, Alfa Romeos and boat parts that I could have just as easily spent the money on extra mortgage payments or something.

GHT
    It's a mental defect I guess
    As a collector of automatics I can say that the fascination of a mechanical piece that's 50+ years old can run like the day it was built is what interest me the most. Though I have never spent alot of money on any of my pieces I believe if I had the money to burn I would.
    Here's a couple of new additions to the automatic collection.
    Both Swiss ETA, Rado Left is a Voyager right Royal. The Rotating Anchor at the 12 adds to the neat~O factor. Neither one was expensive used but new Rado (http://www.rado.com/en/Collection/Or...s/default.aspx)watches are pretty high.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/Rado.JPG
    I tend to stay away from quartz watches. There's nothing special about a quartz movement.
    T.
    How do we know the watches in the pics are real? They are all blurry and
    sh1t...
    As for the guy posting on Ebay.. I really believe it is a scam, wouldn't trust it..:idea:

Cas
    my ex father in law gave me a fake Rolex that I'll let go for $4K if anyone really wants a gold watch

Cheap Thrills
    How do we know the watches in the pics are real? They are all blurry and
    sh1t...
    Yeah my camera sucks for microzoom pics.
    Honest injun I wouldn't lie to ya
    T.

Jordy
    Just out of curiosity, what is the point of having a 15K watch in this day and age of free, self time zone adjusting cell phones, $5 quartz accurate Timex's, and giant bank signs that also tell you the temp? To me all an expensive watch says about a person is "Hey look at me, I'm either rich or deeply in debt, but either way, I likely have a self confidece problem."
    Yeah, you hit it right on the head. Expensive watches are stupid. :notam:

HocusPocus
    i don't even own a watch.. or any expensive jewelery for that matter. i do have a wedding ring which is just a simple gold band.

Nord
    A buddy of mine has a fake version of the Breitling that comes with the Bently. Even though it was a fake, it wast still like 3500. All of the diamonds are real, and it is a really nice watch. He has had it for like 3 years, and it is really pretty.

Jordy
    A buddy of mine has a fake version of the Breitling that comes with the Bently. Even though it was a fake, it wast still like 3500. All of the diamonds are real, and it is a really nice watch. He has had it for like 3 years, and it is really pretty.
    Hey Nord,
    You know how I know you're gay??? You're talking about your buddy's pretty watch. :jawdrop:

OnlyMoney
    I was thinking that maybe he had a ring, but then he got a watch instead of the ring, and maybe now he needed to get a ring again so he was selling the watch. :idea:

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast