Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bare Block Paint????

Sanger Jet
    I need to paint my bare block inside and out.......I want it gloss black what works??? Thanks Darren

FLEA DIDDY
    I need to paint my bare block inside and out.......I want it gloss black what works??? Thanks DarrenWhat you talkin bout willis? " Inside and OUT "? lol rattle can if you don't have access to automotive paint. Just prep the hell out of it and use some BULLDOG adhesion promoter. Get that extreme temp crap at wallyzone and get after it. Good luck. I've painted 3 blocks but used ppg and sprayed it with a gun. I haven't had any problems but havent used rattle can before.

Squirtin Thunder
    I would clean it real well and remove any oils from the surface and spray Lubrabond A on the inside, real good slippery shit.

billet racing
    I've used Imron on my blocks for years. This stuff is real durable. can even survive a few trips in the hot tank.
    Anyone try powder coating?
    Jerry

Sanger Jet
    I would clean it real well and remove any oils from the surface and spray Lubrabond A on the inside, real good slippery shit.
    Thanks Jim

FLEA DIDDY
    I've used Imron on my blocks for years. This stuff is real durable. can even survive a few trips in the hot tank.
    JerryDood you do know it's 2006 huh? lol. Imron is poison but like you stated its tough.

n8dawg
    Jerry
    Imron... good stuff we used it on a few engine build ups back in the day. I don't think you can find it anymore in california. I could be wrong.
    My last block we painted prepped the block and used about 4-5 rattle cans of good engine paint and it came out sweet. It's all about prepping!!

NELSON#109
    rattle can is crap, no matter what you use. take the time to spray decent paint. even cheap aoutomotive paint works good. ive been using nassen for a while, and it works sweet. nassen is about as cheap a car paint as you can find. about $80 a gal. believe me, im not a painter, and even i get great results. you can burry it, and it will smooth out the block. like others have said, prep is key.

billet racing
    Yeah, Imron is still available. Shops cannot not use it, but an individual can. Sold for boats and airplanes. They will ask you its use, and numerous other questions. I have some , couple of gallons, white and gray. we paint our trucks with it.
    Also use it on boat trailers.
    Just use a resporator and filter the air. Like a Meth lab. You don't want your neighbors smelling this stuff.
    Jerry

I need to paint my bare block inside and out.......I want it gloss black what works??? Thanks Darren
    The key is to have the primer bond to the surface, you can use the best of everything, but if it's not stuck, it's coming off. An etch primer is the best, especially if it's for internal engine use. There are some aerospace epoxy coatings (aviation that is) that are nearly impervious to anything, that are ideal for internal engine coatings, after an etch primer has been applied. Imron, is a great finish paint for engines, all though it's very difficult to work with as compaired to automotive finishes.
    Sleek

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast