Originally Posted by phebus
Gary, thank you very much for the t shirt offer, but I'm going to take you up on that double or nothing offer. I figure you can get your Bullet to 120+ with the new blower. This time your the doubter, but I have confidence in you, and the Bullet.
Best of luck, and please be carefull.
Rick
I had to come out of "forum retirement" to post this.........................
As of yesterday morning we ran 122.0 with the orange Howard 28 Bullet! The ride was absolutely smooth/amazing to say the least! We spun a 35 lab with a 1.35 GR up to 6400 rpm, and once again,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,it hit the rev limiter
Needless to say,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the Whipple W305sc is very nice and so friendly all around. I seriously under estimated this boat, engine, and drive combination. I still have not even tried all of the idea's I have beeen working on to get this boat to 120,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and it just kinda did it itself , pretty easily I will add. Seriously, it was easy. The boat actually felt more stable, because the 35P prop softened up the torquey accelleration a bit.
I am confident this boat now can run between 125-130mph,,,,,,,,,,but we will never know(at least not while I own it)
As of now,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I am so happy with the performance, I am going to sit back and enjoy this for a while................................
Thanks for following a long,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and PHEBUS,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I owe you a couple shirts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!and a ride. I will be at the london bridge resort at 0730 am for the Absolute POKER RUN. Come by, I will get you out in the boat before everything gets started