Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DVD/NAV Radio

THE WIDGE
    Does anyone know a shop that can add a switch to allow the Chevy NAV/DVD radio to play DVD's while driving. I just don't want a fly by night shop messing with it. The shop that installed my DVD radio in my other truck said it's posible, but they have not done it on that Chevy installed model.
    Thanks

charlyox
    I have been looking for the same thing. It might not be legal for them to do it. I am sure you can find someone to do it. Stay tuned.

79 HUSTLER
    Just got one last night and was told that Al & Ed's in Ontario can do it. It will allow watching the front dvd and using the Nav. while driving. $450 installed...

THE WIDGE
    Just got one last night and was told that Al & Ed's in Ontario can do it. It will allow watching the front dvd and using the Nav. while driving. $450 installed...
    I believe any radio with DVD can be done. I have it on my Alpine, and they only had to install a togle switch to bypass the safety features. The only difference is, i don't don't want some unexperienced tech working on the factory installed DVD/NAV unit in my wifes Tahoe. I was hoping someone else has already done it and can point me in a dirrection. $450 sounds very high for adding a switch.
    Thanks

OutCole'd
    Does anyone know a shop that can add a switch to allow the Chevy NAV/DVD radio to play DVD's while driving. I just don't want a fly by night shop messing with it. The shop that installed my DVD radio in my other truck said it's posible, but they have not done it on that Chevy installed model.
    Thanks
    I've seen this on one of the Chevy forums, just not sure where. It sounded like a pretty easy thing to do, just cut a couple of wire behind the radio that went to the ebrake I think.

79 HUSTLER
    I believe any radio with DVD can be done. I have it on my Alpine, and they only had to install a togle switch to bypass the safety features. The only difference is, i don't don't want some unexperienced tech working on the factory installed DVD/NAV unit in my wifes Tahoe. I was hoping someone else has already done it and can point me in a dirrection. $450 sounds very high for adding a switch.
    Thanks
    If it is as simple as adding a toggle, than yes that is very high. I have done the toggle on my alpine and kenwood as well. I was told that the stock chevy system needed a module that will fix this. Not sure as I just started searching this morning. Please post if you find out anything else..

ATLAS
    Modern Image in Moreno Valley (951-601-1733) has a plug and play that will let you watch dvd back up camera and navigate while you drive. I think it is $400

It's all Good
    Coastal Tech GM LockPick (http://www.coastaletech.com/GMLOCKPICK.htm)

Buster
    Yep, thats the one.. I put one in my Denali in about 15 min. Their box is a simple plug and play.

THE WIDGE
    Cool, that should work. If anybody has done anything else and a bit cheaper let me know. As I stated by bypass on my Alpine is a togle switch and hitting brake at the same time and cost me near nothing.
    Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast