Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mercury Decals

BILLY.B
    I'm in the process of restoring a 1960 "Super Cat" with twin 650 Merc's for myself and need to find out if anyone knows of a company that is reproducing the old Merc decals. I've been on "oldmercs.com" and have found a couple of things there but i'm looking specifically for the cowl decals for a 1963 650. Engines were black that year and had gold chrome lettereing with a white outline I believe. The cowls are so faded out it's hard to tell. I can get the "Single Shift" stickers in the right colors but have had no luck on the cowl stickers. Any help would be appreciated.....Billy-B

stoker2001
    Hey B
    you would have way better luck with your search on www.screamandfly.com
    you plan on going to WFs at Firebird?
    hope to see you there

STV_Keith
    I think Havasu Carrera Tim has one of those. You guys might want to touch base...can probably help each other out with those oldie goldies.

BILLY.B
    I think Havasu Carrera Tim has one of those. You guys might want to touch base...can probably help each other out with those oldie goldies. Do you have any #'s for him by chance?. If so can you PM them to me.

STV_Keith
    PM him on here. Havasu Carrera is his board name.

Sunburnt
    Hi Billy,
    I just picked up a pretty nice 63 650 that has very decent decals. (it needed a lower unit, I boned it out for the shorty mid, pan and top cowling.) with a little bit of work the Powerhead is probably a sweetie!
    I could get you a high res picture if that would help?. There was a guy on ebay making custom decals, with a decent image he may be able to reproduce them for you..
    How about some pic's of your Super cat?
    I'm traveling for work allot this week but I could try to get a pic this coming weekend.
    Jeff

BrendellaJet
    Sunburnt, your boat is sweet. Very nice job on the resto. How does it run with twins?

Sunburnt
    Hi Brandella,
    The Twins are a blast.. Thats what these old cats were built to run..The boat runs just at 55 on the speedo.. They are only 70 hp inline 6's @ 66 cid each, so its pretty respectable. We are working on a bigger pair of motors now that will hopefully get us into the 70 mph range. The boat has allot more in it with bigger power, its just starting to get into the fun zone now, running into a headwind you can feel it starting to get light. Hopefully the new motors will be ready sometime in January if work doesn't keep getting in the way..
    Jeff

BILLY.B
    Hey Jeff thanks for the reply. I believe I have it under control. Your boat is badd. I hope to have this boat done by next year this time (to busy to stay on the project). I'll try and get my brother in-law to post pics for me.

BILLY.B
    Jeff... I just went through your pic's. Really cool :sqeyes: . Which I had taken more pics We did the exact same thing you guys did except for cutting the deck off. Floors, transom, and I flipped the boat over and striped off all the gel coat and regeled the bottom and sides black. Engines have been gone thru and are in great condition. Which I had your lower units for my engines, those look to cool. I do have all the original gauges from that era along with the original "Ride Guide steering wheel along with a new original medallion. Did you replace all the steering cables?. If so where did you find them?. I also need new shifter cables for the original shifter boxes. Any connections? Thanks in advance.....Billy-B

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast