Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dual tank install!

jetboat
    never plumbed a duel tank before,feeding the tanks is a holley blue,any digrams or photos of this "simple'' install?

TJS
    I ran -10 AN lines from the tank pickups. If you have the tanks out, clean them and make sure the pickup tubes are still attached. Then both -10 AN lines meet up with a Perma-Cool (1/2 NPT inlet fittings) fuel water sep/filter, however right before the water sep/filter I have ball valves so I can turn the flow on and off at each tank. There are elect. valves available on the market, but the good ones are a lot of $$$. I then run -10AN from the outlet of the water sep./filter to the Clay Smith mech fuel pump. Then -8AN line to my fuel log/regulator/gauge set up to the carb. You would put the holley elec. pump after the water sep./filter. I think I got the water sep./filter at Summit.
    T.J.
    You can see it on the right in this pic on the transom.
    http://www.tjsperformance.com/images/nordic78.jpg

Devilman
    never plumbed a duel tank before,feeding the tanks is a holley blue,any digrams or photos of this "simple'' install?
    Are you going to run it through a switching valve or pull from both tanks simultaneously?

jetboat
    kenny, really dont know what i need.my boat has a single tank,my buddys has the dual.i'am hopping its simple.

GAWnCA
    Just for the sake of asking a dumb question. Can someone tell me what size -10 and -8 really is? I have twin tanks on my Miller and they have 5/16" black rubber fuel lines coming off them. These attach to a simple "T" from which another black rubber line goes to the fuel pump. The tanks have a barbed fitting for the fuel pick up tubes. I just bought the Holley Blue marine kit which includes a regulator set at 14 lbs. I'm working my way away from all this black rubber hose, including water lines. The Holley that I received has what looks to be a pressure over flow tube coming off the body of the diaphram, where would you route that to. I've only got one carb on this motor (460 cid Ford, pretty much stock). Who ever had this before me had the fuel filter located just before the carb... That changed out quick.
    I know that twin tanks never feed at the same rate so one is always going down faster than the other. Where would someone find an electric fuel switching system?
    Thanks.

GravelSlinger
    would be about a -5, but you can get away with a -6. an lines are about equal to a 1/16", therefore a -6 = 6/16=3/8
    The AN thread is a particular type of fitting used to connect flexible hoses and rigid metal tubing that carry fluid. It is a US military-derived specification stemming from a joint standard agreed upon by the Air Force and Navy, hence AN.
    AN sizes range from -2 (dash two) to -32 in irregular steps, with each step equating to the OD (outside diameter) of the tubing in 1/16" increments. Therefore, a -8 AN size would be equal to 1/2" OD tube (8 x 1/16 = 1/2). However, this system does not specify the ID (inside diameter) of the tubing because the tube wall can vary in thickness. Each AN size also uses its own standard thread size.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AN_thread

Devilman
    kenny, really dont know what i need.my boat has a single tank,my buddys has the dual.i'am hopping its simple.
    Mine has a Holley Blue on it, but only pulling from the bow tank, its about as simple as it gets. Holley pulls it from the tank and sends it to the carb, lol.
    It shouldn't be too difficult, just have to take a little time on the layout.

GAWnCA
    Mine has a Holley Blue on it, but only pulling from the bow tank, its about as simple as it gets. Holley pulls it from the tank and sends it to the carb, lol.
    It shouldn't be too difficult, just have to take a little time on the layout.
    I was thinking the same thing since you don't have to worry about balance or one tank running dry first and then sucking air. My 2 cents, would be to run a solid line from the tank to the fuel pump and then whatever it takes from there to the carb.

GAWnCA
    would be about a -5, but you can get away with a -6. an lines are about equal to a 1/16", therefore a -6 = 6/16=3/8
    The AN thread is a particular type of fitting used to connect flexible hoses and rigid metal tubing that carry fluid. It is a US military-derived specification stemming from a joint standard agreed upon by the Air Force and Navy, hence AN.
    AN sizes range from -2 (dash two) to -32 in irregular steps, with each step equating to the OD (outside diameter) of the tubing in 1/16" increments. Therefore, a -8 AN size would be equal to 1/2" OD tube (8 x 1/16 = 1/2). However, this system does not specify the ID (inside diameter) of the tubing because the tube wall can vary in thickness. Each AN size also uses its own standard thread size.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AN_thread
    Thanks GS, Now I don't know what I should do to plumb in the saddle tanks. For the barbed fittings can braided lines be clamped? I like the idea of having an electric switching device so the tanks can be switched to keep the fuel level pretty equal but after looking at Rex Marine, the cost is outrageous!

jetboat
    kenny,the avenger was simple,these are saddle tanks,my simple thought was to get a brass barbed ''T'' valve so both tanks feed into,then a single line from the ''T'' to the elect.fuel pump,then to the filter and carb.is this the general way?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast