Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What kind of boat did I buy???

Graymatter80
    Hi everyone! I'm brand new to the forum and the jet boat scene. I just bought what was described to me as a 1976 "Bonner Fantasy", 18.5'. The previous owner said this "Bonner" guy worked for Fantasy, then branched out on his own. The first three letters of the HIN are "FAN" which comes up in the database as Sparkman Marine, also known as Fantasy Boats in Santa Ana, CA. The whole time I was talking to the owner, I was thinking that maybe he had "Bonner" confused with "Bahner". Then the other day as I'm waxing it, I notice a barely legible name across the transom, long since painted over, which reads "Bahner Custom Boats, Santa Ana, CA". I was under the impression that Bahner didn't start making boats until 1977. The hull shape kind of suggests a Bahner, but like I said, I'm new to the jet boat scene. Any input you knowledgable folks can give me would be greatly appreciated!!!
    http://a953.ac-images.myspacecdn.com...9743445948.jpg
    http://a545.ac-images.myspacecdn.com...38d51f8820.jpg
    http://a300.ac-images.myspacecdn.com...68bf1acb9b.jpg
    Part 2 entitled "What the hell is wrong with my motor" to come later.
    Thanks!!

pw_Tony
    I believe they're the same as a Southwind.

pro53
    Cool Lookin Boat :d

85CARRIBEAN
    I ''THINK'' you meant.....Bahner, not ''BONNER''! LOL. Nice buy. Good luck with that.

El Prosecutor
    Congrats on a nice boat. That is an unusual transom adapter too. Anyone else seen one like that?

kcsteck
    Bonner nick name for bonneville.I talked to that guy as well.He told me Bonneville I think.looks like a real nice boat. doesnt look like any Bahner I ever saw.
    Casey

Longstr
    Just put your HIN number in the website I posted... It will end all confusion, it will tell you exactly what it is and where it was built.

DeltaSigBoater
    Then the other day as I'm waxing it, I notice a barely legible name across the transom, long since painted over, which reads "Bahner Custom Boats, Santa Ana, CA".
    Congrats on the new ride... if you can post a pic of painted "BCB" across your transome, be neat to see.

Graymatter80
    Just put your HIN number in the website I posted... It will end all confusion, it will tell you exactly what it is and where it was built.
    Thanks for the link Longstr! I'm still a little confused, as the name that comes up on the website is Fantasy, while the name painted across the transom is Bahner Custom Boats. Fantasy went into business in '86. I believe Bahner started making boats in '78. I was told this boat was a 1976. Did the previous owner just tell me the wrong year?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast