Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Speed record for single engine V hull ??

Infomaniac
    Does anyone know the speed record for a single engine v hull stern drive boat?
    [This message has been edited by Infomaniac (edited November 04, 2001).]

FIREMAN
    http://www.theunholytrinity.org/crac.../FIREdevil.gif
    I think it's 26.6 mph on gps. But you need the special 5 foot boat and the unlimited remote control model from Tyco ofcourse!

Infomaniac
    Very Funny

burtandnancy
    About two years ago I saw a fleet of Phantoms run the kilo's at Long Beach. Between In m Ocean, IMCO, and Solorized, they all ran between 100 and 103 or 4. These are 30 foot boats with 510 cu in, 1 4bbl, 10.0:1 and a few more rules. That class no longer exists thanx to APBA nor does Super V lite.

future boater
    i THINK fountain...
    it THINK it was a boat named dragonlady...

RumRunner
    I believe the record is about 128 MPH ?

froggystyle
    I know a guy on Mead running a pair of #6 drives with two 670ci Merlins with dual stage injectors, dual stage nitrous and twin B&M Megablowers (420's I think) on each motor. He is running 1300 HP per without the Nitrous, and a big nitrous shot (300+). All this in a 36' Cigarette Kevlar Top Gun. He had 130's nailed last year, and suspects 140's this year with the new motors. SICK ride. I am going to have to get back with him and see how it is coming.
    BTW, I saw pictures of the rig and motors, and it is not BS. I have never met the guy, but bought some parts off of him, and I guess he is a fixture at Mead. Anyway, I post this anecdote just to mention that the World record is probably significantly higher than 123mph.

future boater
    froggy,
    the question was for a single engine not twins as mentioned above... that sounds like a very sick ride indeed

Infomaniac
    Froggy,
    Thanks for the input. I think I can get 130 from My 21' Seebold. It would be a very sick ride with the engine out of the Cougar. I would need a sponsor for an new outdrive. Maybe from a kick butt company like Ultra? It runs mid 90's now with a small block Chevy and 1 carb. I have the know how and most of the parts. Would be very cool to go for it.

h2oedits
    Hey, Froggy --
    Give me a call. 808 875-8548 after Friday, or before then, 702 313-1401
    Kevin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast