Thread: v drive steering questions

Running_on_Empty
    Hey I took apart my steering to have some pieces powder coated and to reseal the stuffing box and I'm having a little bit of trouble getting back together right. Everything is right except that the cable is crossing as it comes through the stringer.....i laced the quadrant first and the pulled it through the pully on the oppisite side. I didn't know if it needed to go through the pulley first or if it got twisted when the loop first came through. It works right now....I just didn't know if it would affect anything in the water.....also I'm weary of wear on the cable that would cause saftey issues. Also.....I was told that I'm looking for smooth steering out of a lake boat....It feels a little stiff right now and I was wondering if I needed to grease the cable. Anyway some pics and/or advice would be greatly appriciated. Thanks everyone for all of your help....my boat is nearing completion and I will post pics soon. Thanks again.

Running_on_Empty
    awesome thanks. When you get time will you post some pics of the 74 sanger. I'd like to see it. Where did you buy it at? My dad used to race a 74 sanger bubbledeck in the 80's.

amatosanger
    Here you go ROE, It needs some work, but she'll be sweet when were done with it.
    http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/d...g?t=1193029418
    http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/d...g?t=1193029636