Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you beach your boat?

Bullhead Bully
    I after all these years still don't understand how people go out and spend as much money on a boat as most people spend on a house and then put it on a rocky beach and tear the bottom to hell . I can't even beach a Sea Doo, am I missing something . I guess they probally put there dirty riding boots on the hood of there new truck to. I just don't get it.:jawdrop:

Havasu_Dreamin
    The bottom is all white and we get the scratches removed every year or so...But I really phucked up the bottom of the port sponson at Steamboat one day earlier this year...We won't beach in that particular area of Steamboat again...

riverbound
    How?
    Well I come into the beach and right before thewater gets to shallow I kill the motor and raise it up (so it wont hit) and then glide right up the beach. In the jet I just kill the motor.
    If it doesnt go up far enough then we get out and pull the boat up the rest of the way.
    Beaver retreaver has an interesting way of beaching in where he comes up to the beach a little hot and bounces off the sea-wall...... I dont recomend that method.:idea:

War Canoe
    They save so much money by NOT boating, they can afford new gel coat !

Havasu_Dreamin
    Beaver retreaver has an interesting way of beaching in where he comes up to the beach a little hot and bounces off the sea-wall...... I dont recomend that method.:idea:
    Be careful, he may try and make you cry.....and stuff...

Kachina26
    I watched a family of lake lice use the WOT technique. Interesting to watch

ultra26shadow
    Usually I try to look for the sandy parts in the channel

War Canoe
    Parking your boat on the beach is like taking a dump in your bilge and saying, " but I have a pump to pump it out"....

riverbound
    Parking your boat on the beach is like taking a dump in your bilge and saying, " but I have a pump to pump it out"....
    I dont get it...can you explain in more detail?
    My boat is 13 years old, has never hed the bottom touched up and I beach it all the time. last time I checked there was still no damage to the boat. it has a couple scratches from hitting the dock. and has the all so famous "Parker dock rash" from the bumpers at all the docks. so using most people's logic...you shouldnt dock your boat either because it might get scratched?? :idea:

vee-driven
    WTF is the point of having something so nice you cant even enjoy it?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast