Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How do you beach your boat?

Bullhead Bully
    I enjoy and use my fiberglass more than most , but abusing the bottom is not an option . I use a box anchor and spike and get all the fun without the damage , and the best part is when I go to sell it most of the time the first buyer takes it because there is no hiding the history of it was treated .Gel repairs are not perfect and found quite easy , I was just trying to understand how it could be justified and I'm still at a loss.

WILDMAN
    Bullhead, put a few scratches in it, then sell it to me for $20 Grand!

Beer-30
    I'm still at a loss.
    Well then, you're lost. No biggie. Just call it a day and move on.
    Beaching properly relies commonly on common sense. But, common sense is sometimes not that common .
    In this photo, you can just see the sand in the lower right corner. At that part of the river it is more "sponge-like" than sandpaper:
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/.../2433smsig.jpg
    You can see here, in front of the NakedTurtle, that the sand is quite soft and fine. Do these help?
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/.../2433070sm.JPG

havaduner
    I'll beach the boat in the channel, where it's not rocky, the channel at park Moabi, or a sandy spot in Steamboat. I usually stop the boat short of hitting the sand, get out, make sure that there are no rocks, then pull the boat up the rest of the way.
    I wont put it anywhere rocky, or where the boat will get bounced around by the current or boat wakes.

Not So Fast
    I'll beach the boat in the channel, where it's not rocky, the channel at park Moabi, or a sandy spot in Steamboat. I usually stop the boat short of hitting the sand, get out, make sure that there are no rocks, then pull the boat up the rest of the way.
    I wont put it anywhere rocky, or where the boat will get bounced around by the current or boat wakes.
    Exactly, just be a little cautious and dont beach on a rocky shore but if it gets a scratch then live with it, just have the sponsons regelled every three or four years, really no big deal and I'm damn picky. NSF

Havasu Hangin'
    I used to get mine on the beach, then slowly power it up.
    However, after watching KROOZIN power his $600K Skater on the beach, I stepped up my game and gun it as much as I can.
    After all, we can't have a Skater beating a Cig...lol.

AZJD
    WTF is the point of having something so nice you cant even enjoy it?
    Bingo!

jackpunx
    I learned a new trick from a very famous parker HERO.. You go in backwards.. when you get to the shallow part you just drop the drive a little so that it stays in one place.. after you been drinking at the sandbar all day you just step on the prop, climb over the motor (polishing the carb covers with your shirt because your to fat to take it off)... then you go nose first between the seats.. (this is how you put your cigarett out)... Start up the motor and rev the engine alot so everyone knows how fast your boat is and take off right from the beach so that you dont scrape the bottom of your boat on the rocks.. Dont worry about the ropes to all the other boats, if your spinning the prop fast enough it will cut right through.

Bullhead Bully
    OK I got it now thanks for all the input :idea: ,I guess I will continue to close my eyes and ears when the grinding goes on next to my boat . And continue to buy new NEVER buy used.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123