Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GPS'd My Nordic Bubble Deck..Need Help

TJS
    Here is my combo. 1977 Nordic Bubble Deck. 454 .030 over. Brodix Heads BB-2's, Comp Cam Roller cam.Bblueprinted Berk pump JG, UWR, and a Dominator B Impeller. Basset OT headers (no baffles) and a banderlog valve. It has a shoe and rideplate as well with a loader grate. For this test I have the ride plate at 0 degrees. I have not yet adjusted it at all. Also have a manual place diverter with a 4 degree wedge. Aig gap intake and Pro-form 850 Carb. MSD 7AL with MSD Pro-Billet Dist. (35 degrees all in by 3000 RPM's, according to the MSD Chart). MAX RPM is 5900. It revs up nice and quick from idle to 5900. I can sometimes unload the pump if I really hammer it. Anyway, with full tanks of gas (21 gals) and 485 lbs of people (2 of us) and the diverter set about one notch up from the middle I was able to GPS 4 times in a row a Max. speed of 73 MPH. I must say it is humbling to GPS your boat. I want to get 80 MPH out of this thing. I know I had a lot of weight in this boat, but where do I start to play with the ride plate and such.
    I think the bottom of the boat has been re-worked by the previous owner. I do not see a lot of hook in the boat either. Any help with settings would be appreciated.
    T.J.
    www.tjsperformance.com

DelawareDave
    You may want to raise the ride plate up a bit. If it keeps too much of the boat wet, it will scrub some speed.
    Purely speculation on my part, anyway.

junkyardhunter
    FYI 2 fat guys & a full tank of gas will slow you down.

OverKill
    Put the ride plate up 2 degrees, that should be fine. I set mine at 2 degrees and rides real nice. Only the back 3 feet of the boat is in the water at WOT.
    OverKill

TJS
    FYI 2 fat guys & a full tank of gas will slow you down.
    Umm. We are not (I am only 230). It's the passenger.
    T.J.

HM
    at WOT.
    Is that the same thing as having your boat set on kill?

gps's humble all for what it's worth i'm spinnin a "b" to 5300 and can't kill 70 mph.

OverKill
    Is that the same thing as having your boat set on kill?
    Of course, the hole damn boat is OVERKILL

camoman
    Here is my combo. 1977 Nordic Bubble Deck. 454 .030 over. Brodix Heads BB-2's, Comp Cam Roller cam.Bblueprinted Berk pump JG, UWR, and a Dominator B Impeller. Basset OT headers (no baffles) and a banderlog valve. It has a shoe and rideplate as well with a loader grate. For this test I have the ride plate at 0 degrees. I have not yet adjusted it at all. Also have a manual place diverter with a 4 degree wedge. Aig gap intake and Pro-form 850 Carb. MSD 7AL with MSD Pro-Billet Dist. (35 degrees all in by 3000 RPM's, according to the MSD Chart). MAX RPM is 5900. It revs up nice and quick from idle to 5900. I can sometimes unload the pump if I really hammer it. Anyway, with full tanks of gas (21 gals) and 485 lbs of people (2 of us) and the diverter set about one notch up from the middle I was able to GPS 4 times in a row a Max. speed of 73 MPH. I must say it is humbling to GPS your boat. I want to get 80 MPH out of this thing. I know I had a lot of weight in this boat, but where do I start to play with the ride plate and such.
    I think the bottom of the boat has been re-worked by the previous owner. I do not see a lot of hook in the boat either. Any help with settings would be appreciated.
    T.J.
    www.tjsperformance.com Ok now you have a baseline to go off of lose the other person and half the fuel and work on your hardwhere:idea: I say start at 2 degrees and work up with 1/2 degree at a time to see what your boat likes. Some like 2 degrees some like 4 or 5degrees:idea: 80 shouldnt be that hard to get out of your rig with a little setup

junkyardhunter
    Umm. We are not (I am only 230). It's the passenger.
    T.J.
    I hear ya.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast