Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: To "Ride Plate" or not.

Squirtin Thunder
    I have an 05 21 stealth/ultra with a stock vortec 6000 (350hp). I put the PD droop and ride plate on and tested it out a couple of weeks ago at Lake Elsinore.
    Before my average speed was around 50-51 mph. Now with the new set up, I ran 53.5 mph (GPS at 4500 rpm). I did my research on the droop and ride plate. For my budget and the set up of my boat (no shoe or ride plate), the PD worked best. I also ran the droop with out the ride plate. My speed dropped and it took longer to plain.
    I know the PD may not work on some boats, but it worked for mine.
    Just my 2 cents-Anthony
    There you go probablecause about 3mph with very little work. On yours it my be a bit more.

code8
    I don't know how much PC's boat weighs, but mine is around 2900 pounds. PC also has more HP than mine, so it should increase more than 3 mph.
    I am going back to Lake Elsinore after the holidays to test a loader grate. Don't know if it's going to do anything but if I can get to 54 mph on a stock boat, I'll be happy.
    Happy Holdiays, Merry X-mas and Happy Jesus's Birthday (so I don't offend anyone) :boxed:

Squirtin Thunder
    I don't know how much PC's boat weighs, but mine is around 2900 pounds. PC also has more HP than mine, so it should increase more than 3 mph.
    I am going back to Lake Elsinore after the holidays to test a loader grate. Don't know if it's going to do anything but if I can get to 54 mph on a stock boat, I'll be happy.
    Happy Holdiays, Merry X-mas and Happy Jesus's Birthday (so I don't offend anyone) :boxed:
    Merry Christmas !!!

GasGuzzler
    Anyone install a HTP "add on shoe and ride plate?" Interested in some feedback.
    Me too....anybody tried it? How hard of a install for it?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12