Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rhino 700 FI

caroftheweek
    I just saw a TV ad for the new Rhino 700 FI. What the hell? I thought that wasn't coming for another year or so. Maybe I am just out of the loop or something. Anyone have one ordered?

Ivan Dan
    I just saw a TV ad for the new Rhino 700 FI. What the hell? I thought that wasn't coming for another year or so. Maybe I am just out of the loop or something. Anyone have one ordered?
    I think its actually a 686cc with EFI. Doesn't seem like a large enough difference for most people to make a change. Now, if it was an 800EFI than that might be a little different.

pw_Tony
    I think its actually a 686cc with EFI. Doesn't seem like a large enough difference for most people to make a change. Now, if it was an 800EFI than that might be a little different.
    From the 660 Raptor to the 700(686) was a world of a difference!
    Went to a four valve head, instead of five. Alot more torque at lower RPM, hopefully the Rhino feels the same.
    Oh yah IvanDan, I had seen your thread on race-dezert got deleted like mine

riverracerx
    New for 2008:
    * All-new 686cc engine puts out plenty of broadband power. New four-valve head with 9.2:1 compression bumps power and efficiency.
    * Electronic fuel injection ensures peak performance in nearly all conditions and elevations, along with instantaneous cold starts.
    * New injection-molded sun top and front/rear overfenders.
    * Tough, blow-molded doors keep mud, water and dirt on the trail where they belong.
    * Cool, comfortable sport-style steering wheel and new passenger grab handles.
    * Now with two cup holders for even greater creature comfort.
    * New underhood tool-free air filter is a snap to service.
    * CV joint protectors for long, trouble-free life.
    http://www.yamaha-motor.com/assets/a...-01-l1-500.jpg
    http://www.yamaha-motor.com/assets/a...-r1-ou-500.jpg
    $895.00 for new plastic
    http://www.yamaha-motor.com/assets/c...s_bfee5cb0.jpg
    New Midnight Armor version
    http://www.yamaha-motor.com/assets/c...7_8cfa9dd3.jpg

pw_Tony
    They still didn't make it any wider though

caroftheweek
    True, but as pw Tony said, that 686 runs a whole lot better than the 660. I had a 700 raptor and that thing was mean.
    I mainly just want the fuel injection. Now living at altitude, carb adjustments suck.
    I would buy the Kawi if it was fuel injected. We have a quad with that v-twin in it and that engine is bad ass.

TOBTEK
    they received four wheel disc brakes this yr also right?? thought I read that as well. The EFI will be a huge bonus, from the cold blooded starting issues, to take it any where without carb adjustments. BUT even with all that... I want to check out the new Kawasaki.

PinkTaco
    True, but as pw Tony said, that 686 runs a whole lot better than the 660. I had a 700 raptor and that thing was mean.
    I mainly just want the fuel injection. Now living at altitude, carb adjustments suck.
    I would buy the Kawi if it was fuel injected. We have a quad with that v-twin in it and that engine is bad ass.
    The engines in both the 660 and 700 Rhinos are out of the Grizzly not the Raptor. They're tuned a bit different.
    Having said that, the 700FI is well worth it and quite a bit quieter.
    Now go buy one!

caroftheweek
    The engines in both the 660 and 700 Rhinos are out of the Grizzly not the Raptor. They're tuned a bit different.
    Now go buy one!
    I was using the raptors as comparison. You are right, the 700 is out of the griz.

caroftheweek
    Now go buy one!
    Do you want a nice '06? I will deliver...for free

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast