Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is the best V-bottom hull to build for river/lake racer and why??

Tolly
    Okay guys, if you had to pick a V-bottom hull to build your river/lake racer, or even drag boat out of, what would you choose and why. I am talking about actual V-bottoms, not gullwings, and not flatbottoms or tunnels. The only really fast V-bottom hets I have ever seen personally were a couple of Elim.Libertys. One of which ran about 104mph with a big inch nitrous motor, and the guy never knew which way it was going to go when he let off the gas after a speed run "Scary!" The other had a 8-71 blown 441ci BBC in it and ran in the 90's. Both of these boats were heavy enough for a couple of G-string clad chicks to lay out on the deck sunbathing without cracking them, and they were both used on a regular basis at a lake that can and does get pretty rough.

77charger
    based on hb jets numbers as i'd take the liberty.Second choice a rogers hull.

Jake W
    I know a guy that races a Sunkist v close to 100.And Duane form HTP use to race a Hondo v back in the day right at or over 100.I think most v Kachina,Southwind,Hondo,Mantra,Eliminator Sprint,Rogers,and that alike can run close or at 100(with the right set up and motor) but do you really want to go 100 in a v bottom you just said you never know witch side they will pitch you from at thoes speeds.I plan to make my Kachina a runner but plan to keep it under or around 90.More relisticaly it will run in the upper 80s I hope.And isent Mikes(Cyclones) a TR Bonivile so more than just a V?
    Jake

MikeF
    Liberty .
    How fast you let off the throttle is the reason why those "scary" rides happen. That is with ANY v bottom. Hull sucks down to the water and then makes it's turn on it's own if you're not on the throttle.
    Cyclone seems pretty happy wink with his Rogers and it is another WELL MADE hull. ToddnJuzz has an 18' that is supposed to be the ticket (according to Roger's himself) and I know it runs real good with a mild powerplant!
    If you want to go fast pretty easy, get a 19' Daytona tunnel. It's hard to beat .

MikeF
    Tolly:
    One of which ran about 104mph with a big inch nitrous motor, and the guy never knew which way it was going to go when he let off the gas after a speed run "Scary!"That is another thing. When you let off the nitrous during one of those speed runs....it is the same as letting off the throttle too quickly. Nitrous should only be used for acceleration...NOT top speed!
    THAT is why it becomes dangerous eek! .

Jake W
    Or if the Motor dies or blows or pump locks up.I Jetaway would help but how much?I bought one for my Kachina and we are only talking upper 80s.
    Jake eek!

HBjet
    Tolly:
    if you had to pick a V-bottom hull to build your river/lake racer......heavy enough for a couple of G-string clad chicks to lay out on the deck sunbathing without cracking them.......used on a regular basis at a lake that can and does get pretty rough.Are you talking about me?
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/36DSCN2292-med.JPG[/img]
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/203girls.jpg[/img]
    HBjet

HBjet
    I would check out the Rogers 19' bonn. TR (just like Cyclones boat)
    His hull is a great hull, and it sure hauls ass with 740hp.
    HBjet

Aluminum Squirt
    Look at the Eagle aluminum jets. They are light, strong, turn well, look great and you can use a hammer to fix them, not glass and resin. I'm not even running 5000RPM's on a stock 350 and a B impeller and I'm getting 68 MPH. Of course its only 15ft but moderate horsepower will get you good speed and you don't ever have to worry about somebody showing up with the same boat, unless you move to Canada or Souther Oregon-Aluminum Squirt

mrgoslow
    there a liberty on our lake w/ a bland 454 that seems to run well, mid 70's. but i think those aluminum jets are schiznick. after watching some of those river vids, makes me want to jump stuff at high speed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast