Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ***beware****

mares98
    2 years ago, I purchased what I thought was a Callies crank shaft on "Racing Junk". When I was ready to assemble my combination the machine shop as well as others verified, including a reputable marine shop, that the crank was bogus (had a hairline fracture) and was not a Callies as the seller originally specified. After contacting the seller numerous times to make things right, he would just blow me off or continuously tell me that he had the crank checked out. Obviously he "Squeezing Spectra"/aka B had no intention on refunding the purchase. After about 2 months of the seller avoiding me I figured this rip off Bruce is a fraud and a waste of my time. I will deal with the loss, never to purchase a used crank again.
    Then a few weeks ago, I was having a conversation with someone on the Spam boards, sharing the crank story and how I prefer new parts unless I am buying from somebody I know. He asked me a couple of questions, what the sellers name was and where the seller lived, etc. and......wala, positively identified him as Bruce, Squeezing Spectra. He also mentioned an acquaintence had a similar experience.
    After recently private messaging Sqeezing Spectra, on several occassions giving him plenty of opportuntiy to redeem himself by refunding, he continued to be well......himself. So many of you, who may or may not have purchased parts through Squeezing Spectra-good or bad, Good luck. This was my first and last experience with him.

Johnwithjm
    That sucks Brian.

riverbound
    you know...everytime I invite the guy over he drinks all my booze and eats all my food.
    F-him

lilrick
    you know...everytime I invite the guy over he drinks all my booze and eats all my food.
    F-him

I got away with it again!!! I must have eaten 10#'s of food and had about 30 beers..........

IMPATIENT 1
    that'd piss me off too.

riverbound
    I got away with it again!!! I must have eaten 10#'s of food and had about 30 beers..........

I think I drank a bottle of vodka and forgot to eat :idea:

pw_Tony
    I've seen several cranks break via ups... maybe that was the cause of the crack...
    just sayin

Yeah that sucks, but the irony is too much. You bought something off a site called 'Racing Junk'...and it turns out to be just that.

mares98
    I've seen several cranks break via ups... maybe that was the cause of the crack...
    just sayin
    I Picked up at his house.

riverbound
    I Picked up at his house.
    Now you're lying. He lives in a van down by the river.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast