Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 460 BBF From Scratch

GAWnCA
    Hi folks, I'm new in this thread and I was wondering if anyone can help me get started with a bad ass blower motor? I'm starting out with a completely stock 460 BBF. Thanks

jetboat
    get with impatient 1 oon monday,hes the one you need to ask.he built my 460 (now 466)

GAWnCA
    get with impatient 1 oon monday,hes the one you need to ask.he built my 460 (now 466)
    Got a photo somewhere? This will be one of those projects that's going to take some time to build. Thanks!! Greg

jetboat
    he can give you some specs to follow.hes a ''MR. GOODWRENCH " that loves fords!i'am the worst in for doing pictures.hes pretty good at pumps also.

Blown 472
    What heads you going to use? get a blue thunder intake they are the best, you will need to run a small cap low profile dizzy, you should talk to Lakes Only about the bottom end, hell about the whole motta.

GAWnCA
    What heads you going to use? get a blue thunder intake they are the best, you will need to run a small cap low profile dizzy, you should talk to Lakes Only about the bottom end, hell about the whole motta.
    This is what I'm trying to find out. What the top of the line parts are.

Blown 472
    This is what I'm trying to find out. What the top of the line parts are.
    If it where me, blue thunder heads and intake, what ever stroke moter you want tons of options, good set of rods, and diamond pistons, nice lil roller cam. What size blower you going to use?

GAWnCA
    Well, it's been some 35+ years since I had anything to do with racing motors and back then I was with Mopar and Keith Black built my Hemi. So, building this 460 is going to be like doing something new. I have no idea what's out there in the market place. I'm thinking about putting it in a Sanger Shovel Nose.

Blown 472
    Well, it's been some 35+ years since I had anything to do with racing motors and back then I was with Mopar and Keith Black built my Hemi. So, building this 460 is going to be like doing something new. I have no idea what's out there in the market place. I'm thinking about putting it in a Sanger Shovel Nose.
    THe blue thunder heads have a bbc exhaust flange so header choices are better.
    Check this out
    http://www.460ford.com/viewforum.php...db24b46d0f869b

1968Droptop
    460 block bored n stroked to a 521.
    Scat forged crank n rods, balanced.
    Scat forged pistons.
    Blue Thunder 100cc heads, stage 3 porting.
    Manley severe duty valves, polished like mirrors.
    .721 lift solid roller cam.
    Morrel roller lifters.
    Miller aluminum 1:8 roller rockers.
    Comp Cams stud girdle.
    ARP studs throughout.
    Clevite bearings.
    Blue printed oil pump.
    Points style dist cap on Elec dist (lower profile to clear blower)
    Taylor 10mm wires
    Blue Thunder intake (made by Don Hampton)
    Hampton 8-71 running 5lbs. of boost on 92 pump
    Dominators flowing 1120 cfm, blue printed by Jim Guthrie Racing
    Mallory HighFireVI ignition system.
    About 900HP. Engine will live up to 7K I'm told. I run 92 pump Chevron, and I'm spinning a Agressor AA at 6200 rpm's. Recently pushed my 21' to the trips. Let me know how I can help you out. Here's a pix...........
    http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q...l/CIMG0286.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast