Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leather interior ?

1968Droptop
    I was wondering how leather would hold up as an interior material on a boat ? I don't really know jack about leather, other than it's supposed to be real durable (and it's expensive !) I know it may be a bit off the wall, but I thought white leather would look cool in a boat ? !

BrendellaJet
    I dont think it would hold up well since it is permeable. There are vinyl alternatives that look similar that would work better.

RCB19
    Put on some leather pants jump in the river climb back into your boat and get back to me after they dry out. The chicks will be beating down your door when you stand up in your size 1 pants. LOL!

67weimann
    Put on some leather pants jump in the river climb back into your boat and get back to me after they dry out. The chicks will be beating down your door when you stand up in your size 1 pants. LOL!
    lol...that is funny shit right there.

MudPumper
    Pretty sure leather and water don't go too well together.:idea:

1968Droptop
    Hadn't thought much about how much water it would absorb. I've had leather on my cars, you spill on it and just wipe it off. Didn't know what would happen in a boat application. Like I said, an off the wall idea.

ck7684
    Hmmm...could it be treated somehow?? I've had leather jackets that hold up fine to being wet, and other leather goods that just turn to shit.
    Keep in mind that there is marine grade vinyl too, which is more weather and UV resistant...
    I guess if your boat is more for looks than use, leather would be pretty cool if it could be treated to hold up, but for real world use, go with a quality marine grade vinyl. My new seats have a leather-like texture to them...

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    hansen already did it

QuickJet
    Get a hold off Billy B. on the boards. He has a boat at his shop right now that has marine grade leather in it. It's awesome!!!

CVX20
    Ever think aboutTWEED ?
    It's big on the west coast.
    "BLING !!!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast