Thread: Bahner Boats??

bigerich
    I will hopefully be buying a boat in the next 6 months or so and have been interested in 20' Bahner's. I like the look of the boat but have no other information as to quality of the boats and or quality of ride. Can any one shed some light on the Bahner Boats that are out there???

squirt
    Bigerich, Bahner boats have a very checkerd past and there are some folks that know alot more about Rod Bahner and his boats than I do. That being said I own a 19' Bahner bubble deck and am happy with the boat. My hull is a little on the light side (lay-up) but seems to be well made. I've heard that Bahners don't do chop well at speed (tend to crack) but I haven't seen this , I've never seen a slow one yet and when mine was stock with cast intake manifold it did 65 mph gps with a 330 hp Harden 454. Although I've only seen the 19's before and I understand his earlier boats where better made. If you find you like the boat see if seller will meet you somewhere for a test ride (offer to pay have the expenses for the test) if he won't do this than move on there are a ton of other boats out there
    Don

lakesmodified
    bigerich:
    I will hopefully be buying a boat in the next 6 months or so and have been interested in 20' Bahner's. I like the look of the boat but have no other information as to quality of the boats and or quality of ride. Can any one shed some light on the Bahner Boats that are out there???BIG, I owned a 1978 19FT Bubble Deck Bahner with an LS-6 BBC, tunnel ram, dual 750DP's built by Lew Larson Racing. Without any pump work, it would run 74mph on GPS. It could have really used a pump blue print, but it was getting time to move onto another project(One of my shortcomings)I never had any problems with the hull or factory(Bahner) rigging. I know there's a lot of stories regarding the owner of Bahner boats and his dealings, getting thrown out of boat shows, etc. But all in all, I think his product was a very clean and well-built boat. If you would like, send me your email and I'll email you pictures of my Bahner. Ivan

LEMON SQUIRT
    I own a 78 bahner and I dig it-- but it doesnt take chop too well but its not a real deep-V other than that its great I've GPS'ed it at 77.3 with a mild 454 set back pump and shoe and ride I thought they were kinda rare than a block down the street a lady has a 20 ft bahner its an 86 w/454 clean boat well built no spider webs in the gel coat so I'm keaping it for a while.

TANK
    I also have a 19' Bahner bubbledeck that I am int he process of restoring.A little fiberglass work and alot of paint.Four coats of sh$$tty paint over the original gelcoat!!! The boat runs 62 mph on gps and has a berkely pump and 454 with tunnel ram,dual holley 3310's. Hopefully going bacl with an 871 blown motor next year.Looking to run 80.Owned the boat for 2 months.First Jet.Looks to be a fairly strong hull.By the way mine is also a 78 model.

ultra1
    Hey there BigErich. You should check out the 86 bahner in the boat trader out in thousand oaks, CA. Some guy has a beautiful blue closed bow for sale. It looks great and he said it does a tad over 60MPH. So probably like 55MPH in reality. Well... Good Luck!
    N.P. Rules

bigerich
    Thanks for all the input guys, it seems like the Bahner boats are pretty good, now I just need to find a clean 20' Jet for a reasonable price!!!
    [ September 26, 2002, 11:37 AM: Message edited by: bigerich ]

core attitude
    Here's another '86 in case you don't like blue. (it's always nice to have options ) http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/9/4/28086294.htm
    Pete

lakesmodified
    core attitude:
    Here's another '86 in case you don't like blue. (it's always nice to have options ) http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/9/4/28086294.htm
    PeteClean ride, but DAMN expensive!

bigerich
    core attitude:
    PeteThat is the boat I have my eyes on, hope it sticks around a bit longer. I just need to get the money together. It is pricey, but it looks like it is VERY clean!!!