Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Whole Lotta Soot

hava life
    Looks real excessive on one side, I would have it checked out just to be safe.

SOCALDETAIL1
    No wax huh? looks like if there was some wax on that transom it wouldnt of sticked so badly.

McIntyrelocal
    Does everybody agree that is excessive?
    i dont think its that excessive when was the last time you had it serviced. how many hours?

dunaholic
    No wax huh? looks like if there was some wax on that transom it wouldnt of sticked so badly.
    It hasn't been waxed since march, but I do use Boat Bling "Hot Sauce" every time I cleanthe boat, that is supposed to have wax in it.

dunaholic
    i dont think its that excessive when was the last time you had it serviced. how many hours?
    Well, I just bought the boat this season, so I don't know when the plugs and such were last done. I do all my own maintenance so I will change the plugs and such before I take it out again.

ULTRA26 # 1
    Does everybody agree that is excessive?
    No doubt that's excessive.

McIntyrelocal
    yeah if you look at most of the boats that the exhaust isnt completly in the water there is soot some motors run different but they all do it if you want to get rid of it run 50/50 regular/to av gass that ussually gets rid of all of it.

dunaholic
    yeah if you look at most of the boats that the exhaust isnt completly in the water there is soot some motors run different but they all do it if you want to get rid of it run 50/50 regular/to av gass that ussually gets rid of all of it.
    It's cheaper to clean it than to put AvGas in it for sure. I am hoping that a tune up will take care of it. Anybody know of a Dyno in Havasu that has a good tuner associated with it?

McIntyrelocal
    It's cheaper to clean it than to put AvGas in it for sure. I am hoping that a tune up will take care of it. Anybody know of a Dyno in Havasu that has a good tuner associated with it?
    call ronnie at bad atittude boats in parker he is awsome with any boat and a good honest guy its worth the drive and when he is done the boat will run to the best of its ability a dyno for something like that is a waste of money unless you want it for something else i think he has a prop dyno.

ULTRA26 # 1
    Very little to tune with a 496, unless taken to an Auth Merc service facility or Whipple.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast