Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SLR cameras...

YeLLowBoaT
    Any one have a good recomendation on which models to look at?

OGShocker
    Any one have a good recomendation on which models to look at?
    In a word, Nikon (http://www.ecost.com/detail.aspx?edp=35573722).

Wet Dream
    There was a great thread about this 2 weeks ago, more info there.

Trailer Park Casanova
    In a word, Nikon (http://www.ecost.com/detail.aspx?edp=35573722).
    Yep, there it is; Nikon , and COSTCO has the best deals.
    Avoid the user un-friendly Panasonics.
    PITA to use.

77charger
    any of the canons.I prefer the,30d,40d over the rebel xt,xti cause of the size the xts feel real small.But both will do very good
    I have a 20d(8.1mp) and a rebel eos.(6.3mp)Both take very good pics no real difference in pic quality but the 20d has a couple more features that i like for motorsports mainly ai servo and can take a burst of 25 pics.Also using L lenses 17-40 and a 70-200.
    You can probably get a good deal on the 30d since it has been replaced 40d which has some better improvements over the 30d.The 30d replaced the 20d but no real improvements mainly a bigger lcd screen.(basically same camera)Or you can go big and just get one of the 1d series.

Baja Big Dog
    any of the canons.I prefer the,30d,40d over the rebel xt,xti cause of the size the xts feel real small.But both will do very good
    I have a 20d(8.1mp) and a rebel eos.(6.3mp)Both take very good pics no real difference in pic quality but the 20d has a couple more features that i like for motorsports mainly ai servo and can take a burst of 25 pics.Also using L lenses 17-40 and a 70-200.
    You can probably get a good deal on the 30d since it has been replaced 40d which has some better improvements over the 30d.The 30d replaced the 20d but no real improvements mainly a bigger lcd screen.(basically same camera)Or you can go big and just get one of the 1d series.
    The 40d has improvements that would be of NO benefit to anyone asking this question on this forum, the 30d has features that the 20d doesnt that could be desirable to some people, a few are: Fast turn on time, dont have to turn the camera on, push button and go, and the other is rapid fire, or motor drive.
    Are you looking for a film or digital camera?
    Dont buy a camera based on pixel count, 99% of most "pleasure" photographers will never blow up a picture to door size, so 10MP is an overkill.

YeLLowBoaT
    What I'm basicly looking for is a digital camera that has very little "lag" between the time you press the shutter release and the time the pic comes out. I would also like something that can take atleast 3 pics a second. In other words I want a digital "normal" 35 mm camera.

clownpuncher
    40D....for slr's. 40 DD for bft's

clownpuncher
    Seriously, the Canon 40D seems to do everything I need, and lot of things I don't think I'll ever use.
    Seems to be a pretty popuilar choice as my Best Buy has been sold out of them for a weeks. Gonna get one for my wifes B-day. With the larger card, zoom lens and bag it'll come to about 2200.00. Pretty pricey, but, I like the damnnear instant capability to shoot from start-up, and the burst mode. ABility to change lenses is also a huge thing for my wife.
    Good luck in your search, there's a lot of choices (too many for me) out there.

77charger
    The 40d has improvements that would be of NO benefit to anyone asking this question on this forum, the 30d has features that the 20d doesnt that could be desirable to some people, a few are: Fast turn on time, dont have to turn the camera on, push button and go, and the other is rapid fire, or motor drive.
    Are you looking for a film or digital camera?
    Dont buy a camera based on pixel count, 99% of most "pleasure" photographers will never blow up a picture to door size, so 10MP is an overkill.
    Recheck the 20d specs it does have fast turn on time same as the 30d .02 seconds or something like that.I have mine set to turn off after 1 minute but touch the shutter button it is on right now.My digital rebel well it takes time.Also rapid fire and motor drive on a 20d.Just a bigger lcd screen
    I do agreee on the pixel count i can blow up a a pic from my 6.3 digital rebel to 13x19 easily and compared to a one from my 20d unless you get out a magnifying glass you will not see a difference i print with a canon pro9000 photo printer.
    the 40d uses a whole new sensor over its predecessors(20d,30d)And imo is overkill for alot of peeps

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast