Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mt. Baldy March Miracle in 92...I think.

Wicky
    This was when Baldy recieved 20ft in the month of March!!
    Epic skiing. I skied Mammoth July 4th that year and Baldy two weeks after that!!http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...notch2-med.gif.

Wicky
    Mt Baldy Backside chutes from the chopper.
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...kiview-med.gif

bordsmnj
    with a cornice in that last shot no less. that's bitchen.

whiteworks
    Top of Twilight's 2 years ago. would love an encore of of "92"
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...IMG_0783_3.JPG

Wet Dream
    with a cornice in that last shot no less. that's bitchen.
    Kirkwood gets a nice cornice like that too. Great vertical drop with the right conditions, drop the edge and your stomach is in your throat hoping you stick a nice landing and ride it out to flat ground. If not, its a long ride and you're gonna end up bruised.

catman-do
    I remember that year. I was twelve, my friend and I got dropped off at Baldy, and were picked up off road between Badly, wrightwood, and lytle creek. Did that on a Hooger Booger snowboard. The next day an avelanche killed two men in their twenties. Found them under enough snow to cover a school bus standing upright.

charlyox
    Thanks Whiteworks for that graphics. I have lived in the SGV all my life and seeing Baldy after a storm is the best. I have skiied Baldy many times and it is gets as hairy as Mammoth has to offer if you are up to it.

Wicky
    Kirkwood gets a nice cornice like that too. Great vertical drop with the right conditions, drop the edge and your stomach is in your throat hoping you stick a nice landing and ride it out to flat ground. If not, its a long ride and you're gonna end up bruised.
    Kirkwood is awesome!! Can't think of the ledge but it is to the left hand side at the top if you're looking up at it.
    Corbets at Jackson. Five hours with good weather. One of the reasons I went to Boise State.
    Only dropped in a couple of times though!!:jawdrop:

Wicky
    I remember that year. I was twelve, my friend and I got dropped off at Baldy, and were picked up off road between Badly, wrightwood, and lytle creek. Did that on a Hooger Booger snowboard. The next day an avelanche killed two men in their twenties. Found them under enough snow to cover a school bus standing upright.
    As I recall, those two dropped off the back of thunder looking up at Telegraph and it was the third week in Feb. They weren't found until Spring. I was there the day they were lost

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast