Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Engine compartment gelcoat?

OK so I just called the place where i bought some gel coat, I'm going to do my engine compartment and transom before I drop my motor in. When I asked him about duratech and wax ect, he told me to add "patch aid" also I was going to brush it on instead of spray. Any thoughts?
    He also told me to warm every thing up to 80* or more,are gel fumes flamable? I'll need to burn a bunch of propane to warm my 3 car to 80*. THANKS KREG

GAWnCA
    Anyone know anything about this company? http://www.fiberglasssupply.com/Prod...gel_coats.html

Icarus prospector
    They're stand up people. They have it all.

Just as an fyi Boosted I called up west system on google ,found a local dist and bought some of there waxed "finish" gel coat and painted my engine compartment and transom last night and it cured just fine.
    Too bad I don't like the white now that it's on my boat

GAWnCA
    They're stand up people. They have it all.
    Thanks, I'll give them a call and see if they can answer some of my questions. My boat came with more sludge in the bilge than an old farm motor has in it's oil pan and I've cleaned out about as much as I can get but will move to lacquer thinner next for a good wash down, but that's going to wait till next spring when I do the entire hull. I've also got some oil soaked holes in the stringers.

rgpbeme
    This may sound odd but I have had rino liner for truck beds sprayed in places like this. It comes in colors and is tough and usually pretty cheap for a small area. And it does look good.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12