Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jet alignment

thatguy
    Hi guys,
    So I have had the miller out a few times. Runs great. I noticed that the drive coupler is not aligned straight.
    The engine and jet appear to be at the same angle, but the engine sits slightly lower than the jet input. It is probably about 1/2" lower than the jet. Nowhere near binding the U-joints. Is this a problem?
    All the berkeley diagrams show a straight line for alignment of engine and jet.
    Thanks, Tommy

468miller
    it could have no motor and still be the nicest boat out there, its a miller...........

468miller
    nice.......... , i love my miller its got a wide beam so its got alot of room, also the best riding jet ive ever been in....

thatguy
    So what to you think of that shaft alignment? Is it wrong?
    Tommy

468miller
    you would need to pm 396 ways to spit, mike, he would know........

cruser
    Not a problem.

Devilman
    So what to you think of that shaft alignment? Is it wrong?
    Tommy
    You can do a search on it, its been discussed a couple of times I believe, lol.... Some say the driveline should be straight, some say a little bit of angle. I posted a pic of my driveline awhile back & was told it was fine. On my boat, the engine sits higher than the jet, so its running at a downward angle.
    Right or wrong, its been running at that angle for a lot of years with no problems....
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/.../driveline.jpg

GAWnCA
    Right or wrong, its been running at that angle for a lot of years with no problems....
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/.../driveline.jpg
    Isn't that the purpose of having a "U" joint, so in the event it doesn't line up 100% true it'll still work without binding? Look at some of the 4 x 4's and how they are jacked up, the "U" joints and drive lines CAN'T line up straight. I would think that as long as the knuckles aren't hitting each other it should work fine. Just my 2 cents.

ck7684
    You dont want them perfectly straight, as it's actaully harder on the u-joints if they are...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast