Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: gear drive...........

468miller
    im sure this questions been answered a million times and theres no right answer, im building a fairley mild 454, new rings, bigger cam, etc...my question i bought a set of pete jackson gear drives for a 454 i had in a nova a long time ago and never put em in, should i stick em in the jet, or leave em on my self.......:idea: :idea:

n8dawg
    im sure this questions been answered a million times and theres no right answer, im building a fairley mild 454, new rings, bigger cam, etc...my question i bought a set of pete jackson gear drives for a 454 i had in a nova a long time ago and never put em in, should i stick em in the jet, or leave em on my self.......:idea: :idea:
    How are you at listening to engine noises with a gear drive? Some dont like em because they cant hear whats going on. I like em, I'd run it.
    I would however like to hear from some other people in here.

468miller
    listin to noises in the engine just ruines my day boating.......if its gunna blow its gunna blow.........

n8dawg
    listin to noises in the engine just ruines my day boating.......if its gunna blow its gunna blow.........
    Thats how I do my boating!:coffeycup

W.O.T
    i think about putting a gear drive on my jet. i like the sound i just dont want it too loud where it was too much noise. i would like to hear one on a boat before i put one on mine.

468miller
    i think i may just do it...........

WishIknew
    Ever listen to a stainless impeller????

W.O.T
    i have a hydraulic roller cam is it still compatible? i will probably end up getting one sometime soon also.

DOZZR
    I had some in my Olds but I took them out, the only time to talk is idleing along (with O/T headers anyway) and the gear drives really whine at idle so there goes that time to talk as well........But other than that they were bitchen.

468miller
    well that would solve my problem of havin to listen to the gf bitchen........gear drives and headers.......thanks guys

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast