Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dooley VS. Canton

1968Droptop
    .........That said, the stuff Armando is making these days is second to none.....Quality, appearence, and service.......
    I'll second that. My Armondo pan is a very very nice unit, and the price was inline with the others mentioned.

RCB19
    Dooley possibly. Canton NEVER! I'd graduate from the JV stuff and step up to varsity. Dan Olsen or Stefs.

ghittner
    I compared most of them a them a year ago and went with Canton. I wanted more volume than canton had for my application but I liked the Canton design better due to the crank splash/drainback relief in the side of the Canton. It runs almost all the way down the left side of the pan and that along with the windage tray design I felt made it a better choice. Pricey, but I haven't been dissapointed. This is the one I went with....
    #18-364 / #18-366 BIG BL. CHEVY MARINE POWER PAN
    STYLE: Large “T” sump with extra high capacity, and oil recovery pouch for maximum horsepower savings.
    SIZE: 8" Deep, 14" Long sump holds 10 quarts of oil.
    FEATURES: Six trap doors and two baffles, control the oil flow. Full length oil recovery pouch with built-in scraper. The front portion of the pan is angled for improved drain back and bolt-in windage tray. Notched for sea pump and has three 1/2” N.P.T. fittings and an oil level check.
    STARTER: These pans require a rear mounted starter, left side, or an aftermarket starter to clear the oil recovery pouch.
    PART #’S:
    #18-364 pan for standard Big Block with 2 piece rear seal.
    #18-366 pan for Mark V style Big Blocks.
    PICKUPS: #18-365 pickup for Big BL. Pumps.
    OIL PUMPS:
    #M77 standard volume or
    #M77HV high volume are recommended.
    OPTIONS:
    #20-850 Universal Dipstick.
    #88-300 Gasket set for BBC MARK 4 blocks.
    #22-310 BB Chevy oil pan stud kit.

sonny glide
    Armando's Racing Oil Pans, ck'em out

Moneypitt
    Armando's Racing Oil Pans, ck'em out
    Also check out the Mellings 10777, 10778, and 10778C.....Great pumps. The standard pumps, I don't care whos brand, are, shall we say, less than needed for marine high performance use.......Unless and until, you rework them. The Mellings numbers above are tits, right out of the box.........MP

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12