Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dealer or private party???

Some say to buy a used boat from a private party cause I'll see who owned the boat and actually talk with the true owner and not be fed a bunch of bullsh-t like the dealer salesman will do. I know a P P can bullsh-t me also but he is not a professional bullsh-ter and easier to read. Some of these professional sales people have forgotten what I still need to learn
    Some say to buy used from a dealership cause they will be there to help me if I have a problem.

HocusPocus
    i have bought from both and never had a problem, there are lots of good deals either way you go.

Havasu1986
    Private party on a AZ boat. No sales tax. Not sure about CA.

DeltaSigBoater
    Some say to buy a used boat from a private party cause I'll see who owned the boat and actually talk with the true owner and not be fed a bunch of bullsh-t like the dealer salesman will do. I know a P P can bullsh-t me also but he is not a professional bullsh-ter and easier to read. Some of these professional sales people have forgotten what I still need to learn
    Some say to buy used from a dealership cause they will be there to help me if I have a problem.
    This isnt always the case... When buying a boat from a dealer finance companies are more willing to give you a loan vs. buying from a private party. You do however have more recourse & disclosure when buying from a dealer vs. private party. Most dealers do not offer a warrenty on the boat, unless its a new boat. Most warranties (from the builder & engine manufacture) are transferable, if they have not yet expired.
    good luck with your hunt

bunny 166
    Have you decided to pass on the Weinerschnitzel boat? J/K, LMAO....

MR HARLEY
    Bun Bun comes out swinging.

DAMN! I was almost back to that boat and you had to make that comment! She's thrown out of the consideration pool again

bunny 166
    Bun Bun comes out swinging.
    I was only kiddin' ...It is pretty red and yellow, though. But that's coming from me who's boat is completely white :jawdrop:

bunny 166
    DAMN! I was almost back to that boat and you had to make that comment! She's thrown out of the consideration pool again
    Sorry! If you love it, go for it. But if I remember, that size with that power is not so fast? Guys always want more horsepower.......girls, too!

I'm starting to feel sorry for the dealer that has that boat. There were a few others that posted that were looking at it. That poor dealer has lost at least 20% of it's value just from these posts, and he doesn't even know it. I was a serious buyer! Butit's gonna have to be a MUCH better deal now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast