Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PGF in Phoenix

boat030
    Cole Thurston is trying very hard to put a class together for Phoenix he posted this on dragboatracing.com
    "I was thinking today what it would take to get a PGF class together in Phoenix? A while back I heard that we would need 6 boats? We keep em under 7.70 so no one gets bent out of shape. We'll probably have to provide our own trophy and prize money. Hell just follow the UGF rules 565 limit and lets run. Put them all together CF, PGF, UGF whatever. Best part heads up normally asperaited flats running high 130's. Let me know what you guys think?"

Lookin for Liquid
    Pro Gas Flat was one of the more popular classes to watch when it was strong and the competition was phenominal along with good consistent heads up racing. Good Luck with the powers to be!

WILDERTHANU
    Awesome idea... I'm sure 565" would not be a problem. Better hurry up!! PM me if anyone needs pit support, be glad to help.

PGF500
    Still working on it. Mrs. Fegan is going to get back to me tomorrow after she talks to Charlie. It may just happen...

Cole, the thing you have to stress to Fegan is this.
    You will police your own class. You will strongly enforce the 7.70 rule. He does not want headaches as you know and the more you take issues out of his hands the better chance you have of making this happen. Good luck and I hope you can pull this deal off.
    Tony

boat030
    I agree he needs to know that we understand and will abide by the 7.70 rule and also I think I would stress to him that you will be increasing the number of boats at the race not stealing most of them from other classes.

PGF500
    10-4 guys I have a game plan when I do speak to Charlie. I think the 7.70 rule will be the biggest issue but if we all abide to it we'll be fine. Which we will! I'll let you all know as soon as I hear something.
    Also if we make this happen the PGF class is looking for sponsor for the purse. If anyone what to help out from the ***boat boards please let me know. Thanks.

PGF500
    Sorry guys, I just got off the phone with Charlie Fegan and he said it just wont work for the IHBA. He doesnt want to take boats from PCE to run in a PGF class. He also doesn't want to take the chance of people saying they'll show and no one does. I'm bummed but I guess that's racing. Thanks for the support but I guess it really wasn't ment to be.
    Cole

Man that's a bummer!!!! Sure was looking forward to it!!!

fc-pilot
    Is there a chance you could put it together for the opener next year?
    Paul

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast