Thread: How much?

koyota93
    I am looking for a ballpark figure. I have a 12je pump and sucked up 3 rocks a few months ago. Now the boat is much slower out of the water and I think lost a few MPHs. About how much am I looking to spend to get this fixed? Looking for a stock replacement, nothing crazy.

GAWnCA
    I am looking for a ballpark figure. I have a 12je pump and sucked up 3 rocks a few months ago. Now the boat is much slower out of the water and I think lost a few MPHs. About how much am I looking to spend to get this fixed? Looking for a stock replacement, nothing crazy.
    You have 2 choices. Call Tom at Jet Boat Performance and have him and Josh fix it, or you can get on the Berkeley Jet web site and price out a complete rebuild kit and do it your self. Figure on buying the impeller nut socket. It's a lot easier than trying to make one or rig up something to remove that nut. I bought the Berkeley socket and even then the air compressor really hammered away to get the nut off. I put that back on with anti-seize.
    First Choice.
    Jet Boat Performance: (http://www.jetboatperformance.com/index.php?p=main) You'll have to talk to Tom or Josh about a quote.
    Second Choice:
    Berkeley Jets: (http://www.berkeleyjet.com/model_12JE.aspx) $439.99 Master overhaul kit, no tools, and you do all the work.
    Hope this helps.

You have 2 choices. .
    Actually you have a lot more than two choices. Being in SoCal, you have quite a few Jet shops to choose from. Keep in mind that a JE pump does not get removed for overhaul. The boat goes to the shop and the engine needs to come out. Replacing just the impeller does not require this level of disassembly. If you are reasonably mechanically adept, you should be able to handle the job yourself. The current problem could be as simple as a few rocks stuck in the impeller or bowl. Have you inspected the leading edge of impeller for damage?
    Figure on buying the impeller nut socket. It's a lot easier than trying to make one or rig up something to remove that nut. I bought the Berkeley socket and even then the air compressor really hammered away to get the nut off. I put that back on with anti-seize.
    I sure hope you did NOT reuse the original nut.

GAWnCA
    Actually you have a lot more than two choices. Being in SoCal, you have quite a few Jet shops to choose from. Keep in mind that a JE pump does not get removed for overhaul.
    I sure hope you did NOT reuse the original nut.
    I guess you are right about more than 2 choices but I'm here in Sacramento and there's not a whole lot of choice so I did it all my self. EVERYTHING and I mean everything is new in this pump, from the new place diverter all the way to the seal that seals the drive line. I didn't pull the pump from the intake so I still have that gasket new. Now I've got the old Jetovator and steering to do something with. I kept the forward/reverse cable and the throttle cable.