Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Where to live?

War Canoe
    Better economy...1000 times as much boating. Don't get me wrong, I love the river too, but it is a piss pond compared to the Delta.

franky
    Better economy...1000 times as much boating. Don't get me wrong, I love the river too, but it is a piss pond compared to the Delta.
    Speeking of piss ponds, you got to love the fact that all of the San Juaquin valley agricultural land (pesticide runoff) drains into the Delta.

BEER&WATER
    Better economy...1000 times as much boating. Don't get me wrong, I love the river too, but it is a piss pond compared to the Delta. are you new

Ziggy
    If you have or will have little ones in school anytime soon base your purchase on the school ratings so they get the best they can...from my understanding the school in the north end of town rates better(forgot the name). As others have stated, anywhere in town is pretty good but it depends on the neighboring homes and the pride of ownership of those homes. I've seen plenty of georgious homes right next to a trash laden rickety dump of a house.....use your best judgement.
    Ion did mention gold course homes values are generally better
    HH, how long does it take you to get to Smith's for groceries? I'm barely over the hill from you(jamaica/kiowa) and its 5 minutes....shit I go to the hardware store in the old part of town and back in 20 minutes

Havasu_Dreamin
    HH, how long does it take you to get to Smith's for groceries? I'm barely over the hill from you(jamaica/kiowa) and its 5 minutes....shit I go to the hardware store in the old part of town and back in 20 minutes
    We shop at the Safeway and from the time I leave the house to when I return it is usually 30-45 minutes. Just driving down there is no more than a 5-7 minute trip, longer if I get behind a blue hair.....

Ziggy
    We shop at the Safeway and from the time I leave the house to when I return it is usually 30-45 minutes. Just driving down there is no more than a 5-7 minute trip, longer if I get behind a blue hair.....
    Ok, well if that included the shopping time you are rather efficient....we'll shop either depending on where we are when we decide to go, sometimes even the old Basha's......Smiths is the most convenient and I do support my brothers employer(Kroger) in doing so but I don't get everything there.

Thanks to everyone who posted. the reason I want a lot is beacuse the wife and I need a big garage space.I don't need a large home, so I think it may be difficult to find. If you didn't know what Photo Chick is talking about, my wife races boats and it is the main reason we moved out here. I like Parker, but as much as I hate to say it, It's not really family oriented.( the schools are not very good and there is not alot of families here.)
    Jeff
    Your kidding right? about moving to parker because your wife races.

Moneypitt
    Jeff, If I were just starting a family I would run as far from Havasu as possible. By the time your future family will be in school, Havasu will be gangbanger central every weekend, all summer.......If not worse than that........Some people here on HB actually encourage that mentality in Havasu.........Beware, plan for the future, not the present.......Ray

ULTRA26 # 1
    Jeff, If I were just starting a family I would run as far from Havasu as possible. By the time your future family will be in school, Havasu will be gangbanger central every weekend, all summer.......If not worse than that........Some people here on HB actually encourage that mentality in Havasu.........Beware, plan for the future, not the present.......Ray
    This is great advice. Havi or BHC are not great places to raise kids, IMO

Havasu Tea-Hag
    I won't P.M. you with my house for sale just yet, but we are old boat racers, too, and we recently bought a big compound and built a new garage-mahal..............which means:
    Now we need to sell our other home which is completely boat racer ready - average size house (1700 square feet) with a large 3+RV, 1500 square foot, swamp cooled garage (complete with clean room) and plenty of parking for anything you can imagine. It is located on that desired and popular lakeside north where everyone likes to be. The lot is over 17,000 square feet, in the back of a cul-de-sac (no junk homes), has a rear lake view, a driveway that is flat as a pancake, and there is over 12,000 square feet of concrete so you have no dust. Ask around on hot-boat - I like to make deals.............
    This house is not as expensive as you might think. Call me if you are interested - call me even if you're not. I'm good with free information
    Debbie Oster
    River Valley Mortgage
    (928) 854-5363

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast