Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: DCB F-29; 496HOs or 525s?

cam-shaft
    I wasn't going to say anything about Rick's boat but since you mentioned it.
    His is a much slower boat. That boat was originally fitted with 350's, yes I said 350's and someone on the board "BREWZED" was surprized with the 496 base boat from DCB. I guess the 350 28' Eliminator would be like a Vette with a 4 banger. Back to your boat, It's beautiful and one of the fastest I've seen with 625's but I'll have to see the radar report to believe 133.
    Why would someone set up an eliminator 28 with 350's originally, just curious? That boat probably did not have boxes on it if it had 350's in it no wonder it does not run very strong with the same power as frequent flyer.
    Thanks, Cam-shaft.

rock hard
    Pat and cam, You guys both know why the boat was set up with 350's. It was 100k cheeper then 525's. The 350 packages were then pulled out and replaced with ilmor's. The same holes cut for the drives! The only difference between ricks boat and chris's boat is the boxes. Chris's boat was also ordered with 350's and changed. But you guys probably already knew that! The fact is both of them got great deals and run their boats wfo @ 125-133mph.

Kilrtoy
    First and foremost go tell your wife to pound sand! You should know better then to be posting your old lady's opinions on these forums! Who cares!:jawdrop: :
    Should I smack her around while I am at it:jawdrop:

Kilrtoy
    You are right...I am backpedaling at 130MPH right now!!! The truth is that I could not get the Wife to approve the cost upgrade......I ADMIT IT..I WANNA GO 140..I DO, I DO, I DO, I DO......... (Need a smiley face with tears....can anyone build me one??)
    So the wife wont let you, BUT
    Wife has the CLS550 with AMG sport package....fast and handles like a new sports car. .
    The wife gets whatever she wants... get back in the kitchen and cook her some damn lunch already
    PS-Yes a call to Gary at TPI for Whipples after warranty is in the future!
    Oh but you can do it later and it wont cost a dime?????
    Totally agree....that is why we will prop for all-around fun.....likely will want to tube, cruise and do some quickly throttle-smashin'..if we can cruise at 65-70 and do 90+ that is crazy fast for most folks and the Family (Wife & Kids) have no business in the boat at top speeds....!!
    Your kidding right, that is like buying a top fuel dragster so you can cruise the blvd at night...
    You are seriously confused

Kilrtoy
    Dude..you rock....my sentiment exactly..since when should anybody be made ashamed that they can ONLY get Merc. racing 525s in a twin, kevlar, composite DCB cat?????
    can you brag anymore
    Some of us are just real working folk that had some great years.....If I am not mistaken, is this KILTROY guy a cop???? How the F is a cop affording this sh*t anyway???
    What is this of your concern
    I know equity lines are great and inheritance is even better but some of us just work, make $$$$ and buy our toys within our means.
    PS-Maybe he is a narcotics detective....there is always a little sumpin-sumpin on the side for them:devil:
    Oh that is cute, get back to bragging about how bitchen you are and all the crap you have.
    better check with the wife first and see if it is ok....

new2cats
    can you brag anymore
    What is this of your concern
    Oh that is cute, get back to bragging about how bitchen you are and all the crap you have.
    better check with the wife first and see if it is ok....
    OUCH, hit a nerve....I thought all this forum stuff is supposed to be fun......I am sure all the crap-talk gets straightened out over beverages at the Naked Turtle come summer.....
    PS-Yes, maybe I am confused about what I WANT to do VS. what I can ACTUALLY do with my new rig; but that is the fun part about toys....keep the clarity for work & Family

new2cats
    So the wife wont let you, BUT
    The wife gets whatever she wants... get back in the kitchen and cook her some damn lunch already
    JUST MADE HER TURKEY AND MASHED POTATOES..IT WAS MMMMMM GOOD!
    Oh but you can do it later and it wont cost a dime?????
    HMMMMM???
    Your kidding right, that is like buying a top fuel dragster so you can cruise the blvd at night...
    GREAT ANALOGY:idea:
    You are seriously confused
    YES, YES I AM
    CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG?????

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910