Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: DCB F-29; 496HOs or 525s?

roln 20s
    you know my opinion - HOs or Merc 600s
    Roln 20s

new2cats
    One major glitch...wife made me promise 87 octane (Roln, you know how hard 91-92 is to find on Powell!) It was the only thing I swore I would do for her...everything else I hade Carte Blanche!
    Why OH why did they make HOs so frickin' ugly...they look like a first generation GM- H2 motor! Boat Bling's cover help lots but still a fugly piece of equipment.......
    Thanks for input ya'all.

John.
    I've been looking at the F29 too with the 496ho's. Looks like a good setup to me. Nice and fast still with warrantied motors for multiple years. Upgrade the drives and you've got something great going for ya.

shippingguy
    This is a DCB thread, Ultra boys need not apply, there too busy biting our styles.
    but
    Since you asked my suggestion would be get the biggest you can afford, starting with some 700 mercs with the NXT drives and going from there.
    Care to explain. News to me.

MR HARLEY
    Care to explain. News to me.
    Just look at the boat in your sig.

shippingguy
    Just look at the boat in your sig.
    Please show me one DCB that looks like my boat. I knocked off NOBODY's graphics. Now back to the topic at hand.

new2cats
    Wow, now I know how to hit the nerve.....peeps are passionate about their boat brand on here.....I have had Rayson craft, Sea Ray, Envision, Crownline, Sleekcraft, Howard (twice), Svfara (ski boat), etc....they all had their place.
    My choice for DCB was purely personal..meaning I had a "success" goal and promised myself when I hit it a new DCB would be mine...also turned 40 and lots of my Family and friends were dying around me...figured life is too short.
    When I first saw "Pegged" that gray, red & black f-29 3-4 years ago in Havi, I said......I will have one of those; my family and buds said...NO F-IN WAY....YOU HEARD HOW MUCH THEY COST.....well......
    PS-Insurance is absolutely ridiculous on these; should have done some "due diligence" first.....may have gone back to a V with a small block!!!!

shippingguy
    Wow, now I know how to hit the nerve.....peeps are passionate about their boat brand on here.....I have had Rayson craft, Sea Ray, Envision, Crownline, Sleekcraft, Howard (twice), Svfara (ski boat), etc....they all had their place.
    My choice for DCB was purely personal..meaning I had a "success" goal and promised myself when I hit it a new DCB would be mine...also turned 40 and lots of my Family and friends were dying around me...figured life is too short.
    When I first saw "Pegged" that gray, red & black f-29 3-4 years ago in Havi, I said......I will have one of those; my family and buds said...NO F-IN WAY....YOU HEARD HOW MUCH THEY COST.....well......
    PS-Insurance is absolutely ridiculous on these; should have done some "due diligence" first.....may have gone back to a V with a small block!!!!
    You made a great choice. I think they are a bit overpriced, but you do get quality. Let's face it boats in general are all overpriced nowadays. As long as you are happy that is all that matters. Do it right the first time though. I would go with Merc 600's as a starting point or Viper 625's and up from there if $$$ allows. You do not want to get out there and wish you had more power like MR HARLEY does now!! Just ask him 75 gets boring after a while

MR HARLEY
    You do not want to get out there and wish you had more power like MR HARLEY does now!! Just ask him 75 gets boring after a while
    Its actually 84mph and all this coming from an ULTRA owner with a whooping 175 more hp, I know its more hp and you may have 10mph on me, but in the end its still an ULTRA.

shippingguy
    Its actually 84mph and all this coming from an ULTRA owner with a whooping 175 more hp, I know its more hp and you may have 10mph on me, but in the end its still an ULTRA.
    Yeah your right you win my boat only runs 94 and it is ONLY an ULTRA Someday I will step up and buy a big boy boat like yours when I can get a couple partners to buy it with, NOT
    new2cats sorry for the thread jack. Good luck with your boat and keep us posted on your build.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast