Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: DCB F-29; 496HOs or 525s?

shippingguy
    You'll have a much better chance of using the teague warranty. If you can keep the blower belts on.
    On the older setups they hada problem with the belts coming off, but now they use a new style pulley and there have been no issues.

Kilrtoy
    You are right...I am backpedaling at 130MPH right now!!! The truth is that I could not get the Wife to approve the cost upgrade......I ADMIT IT..I WANNA GO 140..I DO, I DO, I DO, I DO......... (Need a smiley face with tears....can anyone build me one??)
    Tell your wife to talk to my wife, because she laughed when she heard you were doing 525's......
    She said vipers, big merc or teagues

Brewzed
    I'm suprised DCB even offers a 496 package. That's like buying a vette with a V6.

Frequent Flier
    No way Jose.... All power boat tests show 120 -122 for standard layup 28' Eliminator's and 29' DCB's with Illmore 625's unless you've got a super light - special layup like they did for that one special boat. You must have been running down river, down hill on an outbound flood.... Keep them throttles forward Chris.
    I was heading down river with 1/2 tanks of fuel 65 degrees and three people in the boat.... One a proud DCB owner!!! 133mph against the rev limiter on the port motor
    I think if you call Rick and ask him how fast I was goin at Shasta he might remind you that some are faster than others
    Hope all is well Pat. Lookin forward to boating together again soon!

XFactor
    I really don't think so but I could be wrong. To give you an idea of where I am coming from ... Powerboat tested an F29 with 710s and top speed was 141. That was with professional drivers and setup specifically for top-end numbers.
    I thought I heard someone say an F29 went 129 with 625's. Maybe I'm wrong but I thought I heard that a couple times. I think it was Anthony Wrights boat.
    I also heard that F29 that was tested for Powerboat did 135 in the middle of the summer (112 degrees) with 3 people and 1/2 tank of gas. That was set up with the 1:35 drives (low end and mid range set-up) and a non-professional driver. I think the motors loosen up after they get about 20 hrs on them. Of course that is just what I've heard.

Frequent Flier
    Only pic I could find of my speedo last year... Sorry I believe this one only says 129mph:idea: :idea: :idea:
    Still better than Hot Boat tests and no my boat is not a light layup...

Patyacht
    I was heading down river with 1/2 tanks of fuel 65 degrees and three people in the boat.... One a proud DCB owner!!! 133mph against the rev limiter on the port motor
    I think if you call Rick and ask him how fast I was goin at Shasta he might remind you that some are faster than others
    Hope all is well Pat. Lookin forward to boating together again soon!
    I wasn't going to say anything about Rick's boat but since you mentioned it.
    His is a much slower boat. That boat was originally fitted with 350's, yes I said 350's and someone on the board "BREWZED" was surprized with the 496 base boat from DCB. I guess the 350 28' Eliminator would be like a Vette with a 4 banger. Back to your boat, It's beautiful and one of the fastest I've seen with 625's but I'll have to see the radar report to believe 133.

Frequent Flier
    I wasn't going to say anything about Rick's boat but since you mentioned it.
    His is a much slower boat. That boat was originally fitted with 350's, yes I said 350's and someone on the board "BREWZED" was surprized with the 496 base boat from DCB. I guess the 350 28' Eliminator would be like a Vette with a 4 banger. Back to your boat, It's beautiful and one of the fastest I've seen with 625's but I'll have to see the radar report to believe 133.
    Isn't RADAR usually faster than our GPS Speedo's?!?!!?

Havasu1986

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast