Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: possibly moveing to Austin texas area

mouzer
    Pros and cons of liveing in austin texas? actually the house were lookin into is in Manor tx is this a good place for the kids to grow up.what about the areas of ceder park,round rock,pflugerville.waiting for my back (possibly spinal surgery) than we hope to leave so calif.after 48 yrs. anybody live out that way could give us some advice..it was gonna be colorado,than boise idaho dont forget Kentucky,now the misses has found TEXAS:jawdrop: she uses that safest places to live book and Austin tx came up close to the top.and priced right $300.000

2Driver
    After 3 years in San Diego, 5 years in Havi and 18 in Carefree AZ I never considered TX to be a place to live or boat until I went to Austin and out on Lake Travis. Just a fantastic place and not out of our places to move once the wifey calls it quits.
    We stayed in Lakeway TX. I could do a home there on the water yesterday.

Sherpa
    Awesome place to move to Mike.....
    I lived there (Austin) in 1990--1992. loved it.... wife loved it too...
    (had to move back to Calif due to wifes Asthma though) so if you, wife or
    kids have that, you may think twice about the move...
    otherwize, hundreds of lakes to check out, night life in downtown, the
    university is there which provides a diverse culture, etc.....
    Manor is nice, small, Round Rock, Pflugerville, all are nice........ find what
    suits you then move there...
    --I would tend to avoid the east side of I35 of austin nearest the downtown
    areas.......
    --Sherpa

Jbb
    Tom Brown sez.......aint but two things come out of Texas......

OGShocker
    Pros and cons of liveing in austin texas? actually the house were lookin into is in Manor tx is this a good place for the kids to grow up.what about the areas of ceder park,round rock,pflugerville.waiting for my back (possibly spinal surgery) than we hope to leave so calif.after 48 yrs. anybody live out that way could give us some advice..it was gonna be colorado,than boise idaho dont forget Kentucky,now the misses has found TEXAS:jawdrop: she uses that safest places to live book and Austin tx came up close to the top.and priced right $300.000
    Try going a little North of Austin. I love the area around Belton/Waco.

R.A.D.man
    Cedar Park and Leander are on the northwest side, Lakeway on west side, easy lake access from all three, great schools and neighborhoods and property values still increasing. Manor, TX, more house for your buck, but long way to the lake and even to downtown. Pflugerville, lots of old and new stuff. Schools not as good in Manor and Pflugerville, property values the same. If you choose one of the first three, you will be very happy. If you choose the latter, you may be disappointed. The hill country views are everywhere from the places I recommended and nonexistant from the others. Good luck and feel free to ask me any questions. Everyone loves the hill country. East of I-35 is flat.

DMOORE
    I loved Austin. I went to school in San Antonio and we would drive to Austin all the time. Great place. I friend moved there about 6 years ago. He works in Aerospace. His pay stayed about the same ,BUT his cost of living went WAY down. The guy loves it.
    Darrell.

Havasu1986
    A guy at work sold his house in Corona and moved there about 3 months ago. Says he loves it there.

mouzer
    Awesome place to move to Mike.....
    I lived there (Austin) in 1990--1992. loved it.... wife loved it too...
    (had to move back to Calif due to wifes Asthma though) so if you, wife or
    kids have that, you may think twice about the move...
    otherwize, hundreds of lakes to check out, night life in downtown, the
    university is there which provides a diverse culture, etc.....
    Manor is nice, small, Round Rock, Pflugerville, all are nice........ find what
    suits you then move there...
    --I would tend to avoid the east side of I35 of austin nearest the downtown
    areas.......
    --Sherpa
    whats with the Asthma we were gonna check w/my sons dr before we decided on a place to move he is 10yrs old and has really bad allergys and a little asthma mabe once a year when he is ill w/cold or something he will start weezing and we have a breething machine for him (arbuteral inhaler)for Asthma.

topless
    Austin is beautiful! My ex brother in law lived in Round Rock for a while and it was nice also. R.A.D.man lives there. Shoot him a Pm, he can give the the inside scoop of the area.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast