Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: possibly moveing to Austin texas area

mouzer
    The other house is in Cedar park..thanks for the info...if it was'nt for my back i would round up the family for a road trip just to check it out.my son just asked me what about ":jawdrop: TORNADOS"

DMOORE
    T son just asked me what about ":jawdrop: TORNADOS"
    Storm sellar . Ya never know.
    Darrell.

Havasu1986
    Post this in Hot Spots Central. Thats where alot of the Texas people hang out.

Ivan Dan
    I've helped several friends sell homes in So Cal and move to the Austin area and they all love it. My one friend swears he'll never move back to So Cal where he was born and raised. We visited him last February and we really liked it back there as well.

charitycase
    I will have Oldbuck pipe in when I talk to him.Still have the Hydro?

Classic Daycruiser
    Bug's. Rains alot more than the southwest.... I here it can rain for 30 days straight. You will need a much bigger garage. No big mountians..... It takes three days to leave the state of texas if your driving.
    Shark attacks in the gulf happen alot more often.
    Only one airport.

R.A.D.man
    whats with the Asthma we were gonna check w/my sons dr before we decided on a place to move he is 10yrs old and has really bad allergys and a little asthma mabe once a year when he is ill w/cold or something he will start weezing and we have a breething machine for him (arbuteral inhaler)for Asthma.
    Austin has people congested all the time from stuff in the air, never stops, just changes with the season. Look at the Austin news channel weather sites, they list the pollen counts daily and you can get an idea of whats out there today (cedar pollen, oak pollen, mold spores, ragweed etc.)
    A quick search found this : http://austin.about.com/od/allergies...Austinites.htm
    Also, hers'e a link to one of the news channel sites: http://www.kvue.com/allergy/
    My neice has a pretty strong case of asthma and visits all the time from Dallas. I do not recall any episodes for her while here. She's very active in sports and that's one reason she is here often.
    If you get serious about it, The Texas State Health Department is here as well as several professional resources. You may want to look them up contact them and then share information with your kids doctor.
    Of my friends and coworkers, it seems 80% have a reaction to something in the air at some point every year.

Havasu1986
    Bug's. Rains alot more than the southwest.... I here it can rain for 30 days straight. You will need a much bigger garage. No big mountians..... It takes three days to leave the state of texas if your driving.
    Shark attacks in the gulf happen alot more often.
    Only one airport.
    Its 833 miles from El Paso to Beamont or 12 hours driving straight. You need to get on it a little faster. And I don't think there is any sharks in Lake Travis.

R.A.D.man
    The other house is in Cedar park..thanks for the info...if it was'nt for my back i would round up the family for a road trip just to check it out.my son just asked me what about ":jawdrop: TORNADOS"
    We have those too. I've never seen one nor have I been threatened by one. Central Texas has very strong thunderstorms, so they come with the territory. Just don't buy a mobil home, those are tornado targets.
    One more area really getting nice quick is Southwest Austin off HWY 71 West to HWY 620. Beautiful area, new everything, it's just west of the Oak Hill community. I'm on the western edge of Oakhill so I'm happy to see all the new development. General area is south western Westlake and Bee Caves and south end of Lakeway.

mouzer
    WOW..Texas property taxs are twice what we have and twice what castle rock colorado is.i was just informed by the mrs...(she has her book out) thanks for all the info guys as soon as my back is better were gonna take the road trip for week.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast