Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: possibly moveing to Austin texas area

mouzer
    I will have Oldbuck pipe in when I talk to him.Still have the Hydro?
    21 ft shovel i sold it cheap...no time for anything cuz of my back..cant work on anything.

R.A.D.man
    WOW..Texas property taxs are twice what we have and twice what castle rock colorado is.i was just informed by the mrs...(she has her book out) thanks for all the info guys as soon as my back is better were gonna take the road trip for week.
    No income tax in Texas if that helps. I know there is in Colorado.
    Mine is roughly 2.5% of the house value, that's in Austin, TX.
    I think Lakeway, Cedar Park and Leander are a little more topping out with Westlake maybe being the highest.

DelawareDave
    My ex lives in Austin, and my daughter lives in San Marcos. Wife and I were just there in July. Austin seems to me just like any other big freakin city!

R.A.D.man
    My ex lives in Austin, and my daughter lives in San Marcos. Wife and I were just there in July. Austin seems to me just like any other big freakin city!
    Of course you are not going to like the place where your ex lives.

IMPATIENT 1
    mouzer, most of the ***boat guys in that area are on the thb site:
    http://www.texas***boats.com/forums/index.php
    we're all getting together in late spring, meet up with eddie hill at his place for a show and shine, go to the lake with eddie hill later on that day. if your here by then, try and make that 1!

OKIE-JET
    Mouzer, if ya move to Texas, you'll never want to go back to the rat race of California. The people are night and day, compared overall, as well as the atmosphere you want to raise your family in. JMO.

MACHINEHEAD
    Im really begining to like it. Been here one year now. I miss cali from time to time where I lived for 33 years (Rancho Cucamonga and Hermosa Beach before that). But this place just suits me a little better. The people are way cooler. I find myself just talking to the lady at the gas station, because she asked how I was doing this afternoon. That kind of stuff. Much slower (calm), little less money except near the lakes (crazy money), shitty traffic, lots of stuff to do If you are athletic, lots of local bands and booze if your not. Lots of out doorsy stuff always hapnin', many of my local breakfast and lunch hang outs have sweet patios, even down town. Making some friend same for wifey, business is good and get to go to the lake ( Travis or Lake Austin ) anytime I want ( wet in 17 min at Austin 45 at Travis ) So if your into some of that stuff come and visit. Toddnjuz from these boards just left a week ago! I think they had a REALY good time!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123