Thread: Advantage Party Cat 525 EFI exhaust

HankyPanky
    I am wanting a party cat with a 525EFI. My question is on the exhaust is
    there anyway to make it quiet idling and then open up after I get out of
    no wake zones. Something like captains call? The advantage guys told me
    they have baffels on the boats already. Share your thoughts on party cats
    also. I dont have to worry about it after I get out of the no wake zones.
    I boat in Arkansas and there are no restrictions on anything but the locals
    will kill me if I idle in and out of the marina with the exhaust open.

Patyacht
    Go with Teague Tips and Silent Select. Advantage put them on my 28' Victory. http://www.teaguecustommarine.com/sw..._mufflers.html

Keith E. Sayre
    hankyPanky: why can't you get private messages? please call me with an
    email address and I'll help you out. 928-680-7600 or 928-412-7775 cell
    Keith Sayre

ToMorrow44
    Agreed. Teague tips all the way. Flip of a switch. Only thing is that they're a 4.5" diameter tip whereas you proabably have 4" cutouts in the transom so you'll have to enlarge the holes.
    -Tom

convincor
    ToMorrow44 do you have any large file photos of your set up? I have a teague carb 800 with thru the transom tail pipes that are extremly loud. Looking to change the tails with something alot quieter.
    Agreed. Teague tips all the way. Flip of a switch. Only thing is that they're a 4.5" diameter tip whereas you proabably have 4" cutouts in the transom so you'll have to enlarge the holes.
    -Tom

ToMorrow44
    I got a few, they're not really closeups of the muffler, but you can still see them.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/.../DSC019151.JPG
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...10DSC01515.JPG
    Pretty simple installation for them. The tails you have on it now should work with these. All you'd have to do is bolt them up, enlarge the cutouts to 4.5", and do some wiring. Oh and BTW, I don't know who told you that putting clamp on mufflers would stress the connection at the elbow, but I'm pretty sure thats wrong. i've seen Gibsons bolted up to these TCM tips with no problem.
    -Tom

convincor
    Tom, thanks for the photos. Your engine looks sweet. My tailpipes are one piece including the tips. I don't have an external mounted tip. I think that is why they say it would put stress at the elbow.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...CIMG076411.jpg

drejustice
    I have the teague electronic tips and I didn't think they were really a big deal until i upgraded from 496ho to 525. My other slip holders at the marina will definitely appreciate the teague mufflers now.

ToMorrow44
    Tom, thanks for the photos. Your engine looks sweet. My tailpipes are one piece including the tips. I don't have an external mounted tip. I think that is why they say it would put stress at the elbow.
    Thanks for the compliments. You should still be able to use your tails with the teague tips. but by being one piece tails, you'll have to have someone cut them, probably right after the bend before they exit the tansom, then just use 4.5" exhaust hose to connect them to the tips. Where are you located? They can do that at Teague in just a few hours. Anymore questions let me know.
    -Tom