Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Global Warming-"Greatest Scam in History"

Flyinbowtie
    Weather Channel Founder: Global Warming 'Greatest Scam in History'
    By John Coleman
    Nov. 7, 2007
    http://icecap.us/index.php/go/joes-b...lobal_warming/
    It is the greatest scam in history. I am amazed, appalled and highly offended by it. Global Warming; It is a SCAM. Some dastardly scientists with environmental and political motives manipulated long term scientific data to create an illusion of rapid global warming. Other scientists of the same environmental whacko type jumped into the circle to support and broaden the "research" to further enhance the totally slanted, bogus global warming claims. Their friends in government steered huge research grants their way to keep the movement going. Soon they claimed to be a consensus.
    Environmental extremists, notable politicians among them, then teamed up with movie, media and other liberal, environmentalist journalists to create this wild "scientific" scenario of the civilization threatening environmental consequences from Global Warming unless we adhere to their radical agenda. Now their ridiculous manipulated science has been accepted as fact and become a cornerstone issue for CNN, CBS, NBC, the Democratic Political Party, the Governor of California, school teachers and, in many cases, well informed but very gullible environmentally conscientious citizens. Only one reporter at ABC has been allowed to counter the Global Warming frenzy with one 15 minute documentary segment.
    I do not oppose environmentalism. I do not oppose the political positions of either party. However, Global Warming, i.e. Climate Change, is not about environmentalism or politics. It is not a religion. It is not something you "believe in." It is science; the science of meteorology. This is my field of life-long expertise. And I am telling you Global Warming is a non-event, a manufactured crisis and a total scam. I say this knowing you probably won't believe a me, a mere TV weatherman, challenging a Nobel Prize, Academy Award and Emmy Award winning former Vice President of United States. So be it.
    I have read dozens of scientific papers. I have talked with numerous scientists. I have studied. I have thought about it. I know I am correct. There is no run away climate change. The impact of humans on climate is not catastrophic. Our planet is not in peril. I am incensed by the incredible media glamour, the politically correct silliness and rude dismissal of counter arguments by the high priest of Global Warming.
    In time, a decade or two, the outrageous scam will be obvious. As the temperature rises, polar ice cap melting, coastal flooding and super storm pattern all fail to occur as predicted everyone will come to realize we have been duped. The sky is not falling. And, natural cycles and drifts in climate are as much if not more responsible for any climate changes underway. I strongly believe that the next twenty years are equally as likely to see a cooling trend as they are to see a warming trend.

Sleeper CP
    Mr. Coleman is on here in San Diego on KUSI TV channel 9 he calls it his retirement job. He has talked about the subject from time to time. I'm glad he is getting some national attention on it.
    He was on Rush's show on Friday with the guest host Paul Smith, he did a great job talking about the pier pressure and people chasing grant money.
    Paul Smith even mentioned that he heard the envor wacko's talking about the ice retracting in Greenland to apoint here it is exposing tree trunks that have never been see before. Yes you read that right" tree trunks that have never been seen before".
    Oh shit, that means that at some point it had been warm enough for tree's to grow there before. Well before the man started pumping greenhouse gases into the air. Boy that doesn't help their arguement does it.
    I want so badly for this train to get derailed it needs to get derailed.... I hope it is not to late.
    Sleeper CP
    Big Inch Ford Lover

bigq
    When it doesnt happen they just say it is because of them bringing attention to it.
    On the other hand if it gets us off of oil dependency from other countries I am all for it.

Old Texan
    Gee does this mean al Gore is full of S--t????? The Nobel Prize has lost it's luster????
    Who'd a' thunk.........:devil:

ULTRA26 # 1
    On the other hand if it gets us off of oil dependency from other countries I am all for it.
    I'm with you on this one

Blown 472
    Under a 1975 Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) the USA guaranteed all Israel's oil needs in the event of a crisis. This Memorandum of Understanding is quietly renewed every five years. It commits U.S. taxpayers to maintain a strategic U.S. reserve for Israel, equivalent to $3 billion in 2002 dollars. Special legislation was enacted to exempt Israel from restrictions on oil exports from the USA. Moreover, the U.S. government agreed to divert oil from the USA, even if this causes domestic shortages. The U.S. government also guaranteed delivery of oil in U.S. tankers if commercial shippers become unable or unwilling to carry oil from the USA to Israel.
    Think about this kiddies when you are pumping your tank full.

Moneypitt
    Under a 1975 Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) the USA guaranteed all Israel's oil needs in the event of a crisis. This Memorandum of Understanding is quietly renewed every five years. It commits U.S. taxpayers to maintain a strategic U.S. reserve for Israel, equivalent to $3 billion in 2002 dollars. Special legislation was enacted to exempt Israel from restrictions on oil exports from the USA. Moreover, the U.S. government agreed to divert oil from the USA, even if this causes domestic shortages. The U.S. government also guaranteed delivery of oil in U.S. tankers if commercial shippers become unable or unwilling to carry oil from the USA to Israel.
    OK, another rant about Israel, but how does this relate to algores bullshit about global warming?.....The agreement you quoted is not a hoax, or "the greatest scam in American history". No one has made movies/docudramas denouncing what you have said here. Hell, most of us didn't even know about the oil to Israel agreement, so how could it be a scam or hoax?.....If someone stood up and said we do not have this agreement, if someone made a movie saying we don't have this agreement, never have had, and never will, That would be a scam......I see this agreement as an amendment to our initial pledge to help Israel combat the evil forces in their region, forces that are dead set on killing all the non muslims in the world. Be they Christians or jews. Blown, truth be told, the biggest scam is making people believe that Israel actually needs our help. If WE gave them the green light, believe me, it would be over in a few days. The Israelies don't fight wars like we do, they go in, kick ass, and if necessary, stay to prevent the same armies from regrouping. We could learn a great deal about how to eliminate the terror threat against us from Israel. I say let them do what is necessary to bring peace to the middle east, once and for all.........But wait, we can't let them do that because of Arab oil that WE are so dependant on......Catch 22, they hold back, at our request, so we, in turn say look, if push comes to shove down the road we will back you up with OIL for your military machine.....If you dug deep enough you'll probably find a mirrored agreement from them to us in time of need.......No Blown, not a scam or a hoax, just something quietly worked out among allies in the war on terror and the much publicized Jihad against every man, woman, and child that is not muslim..........Remember Blown "The enemy of our enemy, is our friend"...........MP

bigq
    Ah more Jew bashing..fun
    Here is the wording from the memorandum, no "guarantee", a best effort for them to purchase from the US if they have no other means. The strategic supply is for US consumption also since we barely drill from our own shores.
    The United States recognizes that the Egypt-Israel Agreement initialed on Sept. 1, 1975 (hereinafter referred to as the agreement), entailing the withdrawal from vital areas in Sinai, constitutes an act of great significance on Israel's part in the pursuit of final peace. That agreement has full United States support.
    1. The United States Government will make every effort to be fully responsive, within the limits of its resources and Congressional authorization and appropriation, on an ongoing and long-term basis, to Israel's military equipment and other defense requirements, to its energy requirements and to its economic needs. The needs specified in paragraphs 2, 3 and 4 below shall be deemed eligible for inclusion within the annual total to be requested in fiscal year '76 and later fiscal years.
    2. Israel's long-term military supply needs from the United States shall be the subject of periodic consultations between representatives of the U.S. and Israeli defense establishments, with agreement reached on specific items to be included in a separate U.S.-Israeli memorandum. To this end, a joint study by military experts will be undertaken within three weeks. In conducting this study, which will include Israel's 1976 needs, the United States will view Israel's requests sympathetically, including its request for advanced and sophisticated weapons.
    3. Israel will make its own independent arrangements for oil supply to meet its requirements through normal procedures. In the event Israel is unable to secure its needs in this way, the United States Government, upon notification of this fact by the Government, of Israel, will act as follows for five years, at the end of which period either side can terminate this arrangement on one year's notice.
    (a) If the oil Israel needs to meet all its normal requirements for domestic consumption is unavailable for purchase in circumstances where no quantitative restrictions exist on the ability of the United States to procure oil to meet its normal requirements, the United States Government will promptly make oil available for purchase by Israel to meet all of the aforementioned normal requirements of Israel. If Israel is unable to secure the necessary means to transport such oil to Israel, the United States Government will make every effort to help Israel secure the necessary means of transport.
    (b) If the oil Israel needs to meet all of its normal requirements for domestic consumption is unavailable for purchase in circumstances where' quantitative restrictions through embargo or otherwise also prevent the United States from procuring oil to meet its normal requirements, the United States Government will promptly make oil available for purchase by Israel in accordance with the International Energy Agency conservation and allocation formula as applied by the United States Government, in order to meet Israel's essential requirements. If Israel is unable to secure the necessary means to transport such oil to Israel, the United States Government will make every effort to help Israel secure the necessary means of transport.
    Israeli and U.S. experts will meet annually or more frequently at the request of either party, to review Israel's continuing oil requirement.

ULTRA26 # 1
    Gee does this mean al Gore is full of S--t????? The Nobel Prize has lost it's luster????
    Who'd a' thunk.........:devil:
    Not sure that it means anything other than someone's opinion
    Just curious how a TV Weatherman and founder of a cable weather channel qualifies as an expert in the field of Climatology?
    Is this another reliebale piece from The Blogosphere?

bigq
    Not sure that it means anything other than someone's opinion
    Just curious how a TV Weatherman and founder of a cable weather channel qualifies as an expert in the field of Climatology?
    Is this another reliebale piece from The Blogosphere?
    Same thing that qualifies all the other BS scientist that signed the consensus paper...lol "consensus"

Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast