Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Global Warming-"Greatest Scam in History"

TonkaDriver
    [QUOTE=ULTRA26 # 1;2894495]The price of gasoline is established by many factors, two which are supply and demand, and the price of crude.
    Just for the record that is three, not two. (supply, demand, price of crude)
    By the way, the commodities market sets the price. Speculators are running up the price. The quicker the oil companies recognize the opportunity that E85 represents the better. The infrastructure already exists for delivery to the public.
    With E85 we could pull our oil off the world market and tell Hugo to pound sand as he is the largest single source of our imports. The only thing Libs would have to do is allow ANWAR to be drilled even though they can drill the oil from outside anwar.
    Remember the opposition to the pipeline and the panic over the caribou herds? They have become a nuisance since the pipeline was built because of record numbers.
    Libs opposing ANWAR drilling shows all of us that they want America to fail.

ULTRA26 # 1
    By the way, the commodities market sets the price. Speculators are running up the price. The quicker the oil companies recognize the opportunity that E85 represents the better. The infrastructure already exists for delivery to the public.
    With E85 we could pull our oil off the world market and tell Hugo to pound sand as he is the largest single source of our imports. The only thing Libs would have to do is allow ANWAR to be drilled even though they can drill the oil from outside anwar.
    Remember the opposition to the pipeline and the panic over the caribou herds? They have become a nuisance since the pipeline was built because of record numbers.
    Sorry there Kurt. I've always thought of Supply and Demand as one issue, however, you are correct it is two.
    Libs opposing ANWAR drilling shows all of us that they want America to fail
    You should have quit while you were ahead.

Steve 1
    [QUOTE=ULTRA26 # 1;2894495]The price of gasoline is established by many factors, two which are supply and demand, and the price of crude.
    "Libs opposing ANWAR drilling shows all of us that they want America to fail."
    I see the forum communist took this bait!

eliminatedsprinter
    OK, I'll accept that. Wobble or the Sun getting hotter, either/or. Point being is that the climate change is not man-made and beyond our control. The people that want to make it political are the ones that stand to profit from the hype. These same people want to control more of our lives and reap tax $$$$ from the revenue collected from taxation and the sale/trading of carbon credits. Funny how the phrase "Global warming" got dropped like a hot potato when someone brought up "Global cooling" and all the hype that went with that in the 1970s. Now is called "Climate Change"... covers all bases no matter what the weather does. If it rains on a day that it didn't 3 years ago then it must be "Climate Change" and we're all doomed. If it snowed in an area that usually doesn't get snow...its "Climate Change" and "We need to do something about it now before its too late" If there is a drought somewhere then it most definitly "Climate Change" and "greenhouse gasses" need to be eliminated ASAP. If Co2 is so bad then why does all plant life need it to convert to oxygen via photosynthesis? Did Algore address this in his blockbuster movie?.....I dunno, didn't see the movie, I didn't want to contribute to 'Global Warming'.....Sorry....'Climate Change' by driving my car to the theater.
    There are always demagogues who seek to exploit fear and hysteria for their own political or idealogical gain. It was no suprise to me at all, when the same folks who had always advocated more government control and limitations on individuals, industry, and commerce, jumped on the first hint of a theory, that gasses produced by industry and autos etc, might somhow be affecting the climate.
    The fact is, that when a shameless, in your face, demagogue, like VP Gore, takes up a cause (no matter how superficially noble) it makes sceptics, like me, look at that cause with a high index of suspicion.

ULTRA26 # 1
    "Libs opposing ANWAR drilling shows all of us that they want America to fail."
    Please tell us Steve. What does your response have to do with politics or GW?

Steve 1
    Read again what I wrote!

ULTRA26 # 1
    Again, Steve ???

Steve 1
    Again, Steve ???
    What does being the forum Commie have to do with POLITICS ???

ULTRA26 # 1
    What does being the forum Commie have to do with POLITICS ???
    Nice!
    The Price of Gasoline: What's Behind It?
    http://www.econedlink.org/lessons/in...4&page=teacher

Steve 1
    Again, Steve ???
    Is that it????
    http://www.UploadYourImages.com/img/826241cocapuffs.jpg (http://www.UploadYourImages.com)