Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Global Warming-"Greatest Scam in History"

Steve 1

ULTRA26 # 1
    Is that it????
    http://www.UploadYourImages.com/img/826241cocapuffs.jpg (http://www.UploadYourImages.com)
    Please knock it off and get back on topic

Steve 1
    Please knock it off and get back on topic
    First off I am on topic, Secondly who the hell are you???

ULTRA26 # 1
    First off I am on topic, Secondly who the hell are you???
    Sure Steve

AzMandella
    [QUOTE=ULTRA26 # 1;2894495]The price of gasoline is established by many factors, two which are supply and demand, and the price of crude.
    Just for the record that is three, not two. (supply, demand, price of crude)
    By the way, the commodities market sets the price. Speculators are running up the price. The quicker the oil companies recognize the opportunity that E85 represents the better. The infrastructure already exists for delivery to the public.
    With E85 we could pull our oil off the world market and tell Hugo to pound sand as he is the largest single source of our imports. The only thing Libs would have to do is allow ANWAR to be drilled even though they can drill the oil from outside anwar.
    Remember the opposition to the pipeline and the panic over the caribou herds? They have become a nuisance since the pipeline was built because of record numbers.
    Libs opposing ANWAR drilling shows all of us that they want America to fail.
    I don't know about the E85 delio. If people think the price of a gallon of gas is outa sight. It takes twice as much E85 to go the same distance as gas. and with E85 around 3 bucks a gallon thats the equvelent of 6 bucks a gal. NOt to mention that since all the corn farmers are selling to E85 makers and driving up the price of corn that is now making prices of milk,beef,pork and chicken, go up because those ranchers and farmers are having to pay higher prives for cornfeed. so it is actually costing even more to run an E85 car indirectly.

Schiada76
    [QUOTE=TonkaDriver;2894678]
    I don't know about the E85 delio. If people think the price of a gallon of gas is outa sight. It takes twice as much E85 to go the same distance as gas. and with E85 around 3 bucks a gallon thats the equvelent of 6 bucks a gal. NOt to mention that since all the corn farmers are selling to E85 makers and driving up the price of corn that is now making prices of milk,beef,pork and chicken, go up because those ranchers and farmers are having to pay higher prives for cornfeed. so it is actually costing even more to run an E85 car indirectly.
    Ethanol is BS, look at who THAT boondoggle benefits if you want to talk about getting bent over. Start with Archer Daniels Midland and ConAgra.

AzMandella
    [QUOTE=AzMandella;2895032]
    Ethanol is BS, look at who THAT boondoggle benefits if you want to talk about getting bent over. Start with Archer Daniels Midland and ConAgra.
    Yeah one of my friends bought a E85 suburban and is pissed as hell that they never told him it was going to cost him twice as much to drive.

ULTRA26 # 1
    It's my understanding that producing Ethanol from corn requires more energy than the product will produce. Or in other words, you can't produce a gallon of Ethanol, using the energy from a gallon of Ethanol.

Sleeper CP
    It's my understanding that producing Ethanol from corn requires more energy that the product will produce. Or in other words, you can't produce a gallon of Ethanol, using the energy from a gallon of Ethanol.
    Something like that. It would be stated in BTU's. But it does take more energy to produce Ethanol then it takes to produce gasoline. And the energy has to come from somewhere and if it is from coal you just used up more energy and added more greenhouse gases than the benifit you wish to gain from the Ethanol It is indeed a boondoggle. Sybolizume (sp)over substance
    Sleeper CP
    Big Inch Ford Lover