Thread: Rebuild jetdrive in New Mexico?

newmexico
    Currently have a 2000 Carrera 205 elite. I want someone to rebuild the jet drive this winter. Any suggestions??

DEEWAYNE
    I know of a couple of outfits that can help you. Oh wait a minute, sorry just one guy BO YOUNG IS OUT OF BUSINESS. Larry Stepp at American Marine in Albuquerque is fairly sharp and I have not be screwed unlike that other clown. You might call D&M Marine in Albuquerque to see if they work on squirt boats, I'm not sure if they do.

Instigators
    Currently have a 2000 Carrera 205 elite. I want someone to rebuild the jet drive this winter. Any suggestions??
    If you take the jet drive out of the boat you can ship it to Dan Nelson at Jett Performance Marine in Phoenix. He can rebuild it and send it back to you very quickly and very affordable. He very good and very reasonable. He can be reach at 623-780-1909.
    I wouldn't trust any of those azz clowns in New Mexico. Most don't know thier azz from the hole in the ground that is supposed to have water ( Elephant Butte ). I'm originally from there so I can say that.

playdeep
    Larry Stepp knows his stuff..can be a bit moody&surly at times,but he knows jets...Keep hearing good things about D&M...not sure if they do jets though..
    All New Mexico boaters should get together and have a THANK GAWD Bo Young is out of business party.. I can't imagine going to a local stereo shop and seeing that he's the install guy...I'd run FASSST..

Sundance
    Larry knows jet pumps better than anyone. He stands behind his work and is resonable. He's worked on my boat for 6 yrs.

BrendellaJet
    or order the tool kit from rex and do it yourself. Jet pumps are very simple to rebuild.

bigblockbill
    If all you want to do is replace the impeller and wear ring I have the tools and it does not take very long. Order the parts and you're welcome to come by with some beer and pizza and I am glad to help you out.
    Changing out the bearing and packing on the motor side is a little more effort and as long as its not leaking profoundly and you keep it greased up they will last for some time.
    PM me if you would like and we can set something up.

I have it taken apart, and he has ordered parts.
    turns out we live pretty close, so I offered to rubuild it for NM

newmexico
    I Can See "outlaw" Owning A Boat Shop Someday. He Knows Everything About Anything That Has To Do With Boats. Thanks For The Help!

Thanks, I hope to have a place to do some side work soon.