Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: China

Trailer Park Casanova
    One thing good about China is they whack criminals with a AK round to the mellon.
    China is bragging about switching to the German Mark for world exchanges instead of the US dollar.
    That'll last about 8 mo's I predict if they do it. I think it's just talk because their is US pressure for them to re-value their YUAN.
    Have you priced electrical wire lately? It's approaching priced out status because it's all heading to China.
    Perhaps the US needs to take care of itself first with energy. Then maybe sell on the world market to places like China after domestic needs are satisfied.
    The big tanker mis-hap in the SF Bay was with a Chinese tanker hauling US domestic well'd and brew'd oil.

centerhill condor
    nice alpine stars..
    CC

BOATDOC54626
    I agree, the china thing is doing us in, as long as we support their economy I dont know how it will right itself, and each day the problem is multiplying by square. I think we can all agree the common problem here is greed, and the american public that cares will have to stop doing business with the companies that think china is so good for us. Who ever said there was not a cold war, china is smarter than we think, they are getting close to getting the job done.

wsuwrhr
    I agree, the china thing is doing us in, as long as we support their economy I dont know how it will right itself, and each day the problem is multiplying by square. I think we can all agree the common problem here is greed, and the american public that cares will have to stop doing business with the companies that think china is so good for us. Who ever said there was not a cold war, china is smarter than we think, they are getting close to getting the job done.
    The problem rests with all of us. Supply only fuels the demand.
    I just bought a box load of chuck jaws for my lathe, from "US" Shop Tools", all the steel jaws are marked "made in taiwan", all of the aluminum jaws are marked "Made in USA", they weren't very happy when I called them and asked for a call tag to send the steel jaws back. I hope I can find a US supplier for jaws.
    Brian

Blown 472
    The problem rests with all of us. Supply only fuels the demand.
    I just bought a box load of chuck jaws for my lathe, from "US" Shop Tools", all the steel jaws are marked "made in taiwan", all of the aluminum jaws are marked "Made in USA", they weren't very happy when I called them and asked for a call tag to send the steel jaws back. I hope I can find a US supplier for jaws.
    Brian
    Very well done, I dont buy that chineese crap, I would rather spend more on hot rod parts made here then that import crap.

centerhill condor
    Came across this the other day...the last time this happened it was mine sweepers ahead of a storm...denied access to the port and had to refuel at sea in rather perilous conditions...said it was 'cause Taiwan's president visited the White House.
    These guys are aren't our friends and shouldn't have access to our markets, technology, and political processes.
    CC
    CHINA has refused permission for a US aircraft carrier and accompanying vessels to visit Hong Kong for a long-planned Thanksgiving holiday visit.
    The Kitty Hawk group and its crew of 8000 US airmen and sailors had been expected in Hong Kong yesterday, but will now spend the holiday on the South China Sea.
    Hundred of relatives of crew members of the USS Kitty Hawk had flown to Hong Kong to celebrate Thanksgiving with their loved ones.
    Hong Kong has been a regular port of call for US sailors on R & R since the Vietnam War.
    The Chinese move comes as a surprise just weeks after a visit to China by US Defence Secretary Robert Gates.
    "At present, it appears the USS Kitty Hawk strike group will not be making a port call in Hong Kong as previously planned as a result of a last minute denial by the Chinese Ministry of Foreign Affairs," State Department spokeswoman Nicole Thompson said.
    The US was pressing China for an explanation and to reconsider its decision, she said.
    There are several possible sources of discontent that may have prompted the decision - including US plans to sell Taiwan a $US940 million ($1.08 billion) upgrade to its missile system and a meeting last month between US President George W. Bush and the Dalai Lama, the Tibetan Buddhist leader who Beijing considers a traitor.
    The Foreign Ministry in Beijing declined to comment.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123